"Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:06:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  "Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who did Don Draper vote for?
Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders

Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Jon Kasich

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 124

Author Topic: "Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread  (Read 266202 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 19, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »
« edited: July 19, 2012, 02:49:28 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

I've got a great one:  Scrooge McDuck???  I would say Ron Paul or Herman Cain.  One of the stronger fiscal conservatives.
Oh, and one more: Jenny Wakeman (XJ9) from My Life as a Teenage Robot.  My guess would be Mitt Romney.  Anybody who is tough on crime, supports gun rights,  the pipeline,  and drilling offshore/in Alaska.  I could see her supporting Obama though... (of course, she'd be too young to actually vote, since her body was only five years old and she was designed as a 15/16-year old.)  Of course, she probably would also support reforming Skyway Patrol. 
Tell me what you think.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:30:16 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2012, 02:52:33 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

I'm not crazy about SpongeBob, but here's my list for those characters:

SpongeBob: Obama.
Patrick: Obama.
Sandy: Romney, Perry in the primary (since she's from Texas).
Squidward: Obama in a heartbeat (or himself as a write-in.)
Mr. Krabs: Romney, probably Paul or Cain in the primary (and hands down for Ross Perot in '92.)
Pearl: Too young, but Obama if she were old enough.
Plankton: would try to overthrow the government and make himself dictator.  Otherwise, Obama (against competition in private business) or himself as as a write-in.
MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy (RIP Ernest Borgnine): Romney on both counts, to fight crime/EEEEE-VILLLL!

More characters from elsewhere:
Grumpy (from Snow White): Newt Gingrich.
Dr. Mario: Romney (repeal Obamacare)
Donald Duck: Gingrich.
Brad Carbunkle (from MLAATR): Too young to vote, but would be a swing voter (young and thus likely to support Obama but also supports Skyway Patrol.)
Mrs. Wakeman (also from MLAATR): Also a swing voter.  Likely a supporter of strong national defense, but concerned that Republicans are "anti-science".
Misty (MLAATR, not Pokemon): Romney, as she is a ninja and he is probably tougher on crime.
Melody and Vega (MLAATR): Romney for both because of drilling offshore and in Alaska, as well as the pipeline from Canada.
Tuck (MLAATR): Too young to vote, but probably wouldn't anyway.
Sheldon (MLAATR): Too young to vote, but nerdy, so I would guess he'd support either Gingrich or Obama in the primary and Obama in the general.
The Crust Cousins: Obama, because he is the cool, hip, "popular" candidate. (But still too young to vote.)
Kim Possible: Swing voter, but probably Romney because he would be stronger on national defense.
Captain America: Romney, for the same reason, and also to prevent America from becoming a dictatorship akin to Nazi Germany of Fascist Italy.
Mallard Fillmore: any Republican.
Pteresa (MLAATR): Obama, for the same reason as the Crust cousins, though still not old enough to vote.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 09:31:09 AM »

My Life as a Teenage Robot.  A short-lived cartoon of which I am a HUGE fan.  You might be familiar with it, no?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »

Rarity: Lean Romney (small business owner who wants to join the 1%, but certainly socially liberal/Rockefeller Republican)
Rockefeller Republican?  Then doesn't that mean he would vote for Obama?  After all, there's really no such thing as a moderate liberal Republican voter anymore.  They're all Democrats now.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 10:58:49 AM »

Oldiesfreak1854, I think Plankton would support Paul, then Johnson, as they're the only ones, especially Paul, that wouldn't shut the Chum Bucket down.
Wouldn't Obama try to shut the Chum Bucket down?  I have a feeling that Plankton would be a card-carrying member of the Communist Party USA.

Oh, and on MLAATR, as I think about it more, I could see Sheldon supporting Paul too.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »

ALF
Willie: He lives in suburban SoCal and works at social services.  Obama.
Kate: Seems like the classic suburban soccer mom, so Obama.
Raquel Ochmonek: Could see her voting either way, but my guess would be Obama.
Trevor Ochmonek: Romney (most likely--he's a Korean War veteran, and he strikes me as fitting the stereotype of a conservative more.)
Alf: Ineligibile to vote since he's an alien, but would probably write himself in.
Lynn: Not sure whether she was old enough to vote on the show, but she would be now.  If she stayed the same in that time, then probably Obama.  If she matured a bit, though, I could see her going for Romney.
Brian: Definitely not old enough to vote on the show, but also would be now.  Again, probably Obama.

A side note: Willie and Kate, by nature of being suburbanites in Southern California, probably would have voted mostly Republican until 1992, and Democrat from 1992 onward.  Of course, the show ended in 1990, so I guess they would've still been friendly to the GOP at that time.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 04:06:37 PM »

My Life as a Teenage Robot
I know most of these characters are technically minors and thus wouldn't be eligible to vote, but I have some good ideas of what they might've thought about the last presidential election.

Jenny: Probably a big supporter of oil and manufacturing, and tough on national security and defense.  Based on that most likely a big Trump supporter, especially his protectionist platform and pledges to restore manufacturing jobs.  However, I doubt she would've liked the alt right much and would've supported him more on principle.  And how she would've felt about Trump and manufacturing would also depend on whether she supported the use of her fellow robots in heavy industry or was concerned about them being mistreated (more likely the latter, as demonstrated in one episode, which would imply that she would support removing them from the factories and putting human workers back in charge.)  But if she cared more about robots just having jobs, then she very well might have been anti-Trump.

Brad and Tuck: Apolitical.  Being a kid of about 8 or so, Tuck might have been a Sandernista though.

Sheldon: Probably apolitical, but given his nerd status could see him being a libertarian.  Johnson, I guess.

Dr. Wakeman: Scientist, which would imply Clinton, but also values national defense.  Probably a swing voter.

Brit and Tiff: Being the fashion-obsessed, high-society snobs they are, almost certainly would've been big Hillary fans.  Would've despised Trump's misogyny and appeals to populism, likely would've agreed wholeheartedly with Hillary's "deplorables" comment.  However, those are the same reasons they might have been Bernie fans.  Probably left-wingers no matter how you slice it.

Mr. Scruffles/Vladimir: Although he's a minor character, he deserves mention here because he's one of the most political characters on the show.  In his first appearance, he complained about the way Dr. Wakeman had abused him and his fellow lab rats, spoke with a heavy Russian accent, and was based heavily (according to the show's creator, Rob Renzetti) on Lenin and the Bolsheviks.  For this reason alone, he would've most likely been Bernie or Bust, possibly crossing over to support Hillary or (more likely) Jill Stein in the general.

Misty: Another minor character, but since she was an alien who expressed admiration for Japan (she's also a ninja), probably would've disliked Trump's hard stance on illegal immigration and the xenophobia displayed by many of his voters.  Certainly would not have liked religious conservatives much.  Lean Clinton.

Vexus: Rob Renzetti says the Cluster was partially based on Nazi Germany, so based on that and the frequent comparisons of Trump to Hitler and fascism, implies she would like Trump.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »

Mr. Crocker - Trump, as he would be able to make anti-Fairy legislation.
What about teachers' unions?  Those are likely the only reason he ever kept his job, which implies to me he would've voted for Hillary and/or Bernie.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies