"Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:52:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  "Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who did Don Draper vote for?
Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders

Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

Jon Kasich

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 124

Author Topic: "Who would fictional characters vote for?" omnibus thread  (Read 265944 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« on: May 30, 2018, 05:17:42 PM »
« edited: May 31, 2018, 01:47:54 AM by HillGoose »

Anyone done Glee yet?

Rachel Berry: Young woman with gay parents, probably the best example of the "Jewish-American Princess" trope I've ever seen, very much a New Yorker and probably more sympathetic to Clinton than most people but voted for Sanders in the primary and of course Clinton in the general.

Kurt Hummel: Young gay white man, I see him being more of a Northeastern John Kerry style solid liberal, and voting for Sanders in the primary, but still pretty enthusiastically Clinton in the general.

Mercedes Jones: Given her role as a stereotypical black church lady, I see her being an "Establishment Democrat" Obama/Clinton supporter through and through. Voted for Clinton in both the primary and the general.

Santana Lopez: More apolitical than most of them, voting mostly in support of liberal social issues. For some reason I can see her being extremely sympathetic to Ron Paul libertarianism if given the choice, but in an election between an establishment Republican or an establishment Democrat, would choose the Democrat every time. Didn't vote in primary, voted for Clinton in the general simply due to disgust with Trump.

Sam Evans: One of the few Glee club members I can honestly see being a Republican. I'd call him a George W. Bush style Republican, although slightly more liberal on social issues like LGBT rights. Voted in the Republican primary for Rubio, but would have found Bush or Cruz also acceptable. Voted in the general for Gary Johnson.

Will Schuster: Progressive Democrat in the mold of Barack Obama, completely. Voted in the primary for Sanders and general for Clinton.

Sue Sylvester: Interestingly, one of the characters with more fleshed out political views. I remember a scene where she had passionately supported every Republican going back to at least Bob Dole in 1996. Definitely a partisan Republican, probably on the more hawkish side, given her admiration for neoconservative politicians in particular. Voted for Kasich in the primary, Trump in the general.

Artie Abrams: Seems almost completely apolitical in my mind. I imagine he's a dead-on Centrist who acts as a pretty good bellwether, given that neither candidate is too extreme. Didn't vote in primary, I don't see him voting in the general unless disgust with Trump's social views gets him to vote for Clinton. I doubt it though.

Quinn Fabray: Country Club Republican. Would fit in well in Arlington, VA or Orange County, CA. Voted in the primary for Kasich, and voted for Trump in the general simply because of the (R) next to his name.

Burt Hummel: Neoliberal progressive Democrat. Voted in the primary and general for Clinton.

Blaine Anderson: Close to apolitical, but liberal social views keep him voting for Democrats. Voted for Sanders in the primary and Clinton in the general.

Brittany Pierce: Solid Democrat. Left of center in most all areas, but never far to the left of center. Sanders in primary, Clinton in general.

Noah Puckerman: Republican, but more liberal than most Republicans. Voted for Kasich in the primary and Johnson in the general.

Tina Cohen-Chang: The kind of Democrat you'd find in Silicon Valley, probably further to the left socially than economically. Voted in both the primary and the general for Clinton.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 07:38:30 AM »

Of the 14 Glee characters I listed, this is how I would imagine their votes if they had all voted since 2004:

- 7 are Solid Democrats who would have voted Democrat in every Presidential election since 2004 (Rachel Berry, Kurt Hummel, Mercedes Jones, Will Schuster, Blaine Anderson, Brittany Pierce, and Tina Cohen-Chang)

- 2 are Lean Democrat who would have voted for the Democrat in 3 of 4 Presidential elections since 2004 (Santana Lopez and Burt Hummel)

- 1 is pure tossup who would have voted for the Republican twice and the Democrat twice (Artie Abrams)

- 2 are Lean Republican, who would have voted Republican in 3 out of 4 elections since 2004 (Sam Evans, Noah Puckerman)

- 2 are Solid Republican who would have voted Republican in every election since 2004 (Sue Sylvester, Quinn Fabray)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:07:37 PM »

just finished the first season of The Legend of Korra I'll try to do my best with it.

Korra - Populist, anti-establishment liberal
Asami - Very close to pure independent. Elitist leans of her upbringing make her Lean R
Mako - Pragmatic independent, lean R because more agreement with "tougher" social policy
Bolin - Center-leftist, pretty establishment
Tenzin - Centrist, socially liberal with moderate economics. More concerned with keeping things together than anything.
Lin Beifong - Solid conservative
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 12:56:51 PM »

just finished the first season of The Legend of Korra I'll try to do my best with it.

Korra - Populist, anti-establishment liberal
Asami - Very close to pure independent. Elitist leans of her upbringing make her Lean R
Mako - Pragmatic independent, lean R because more agreement with "tougher" social policy
Bolin - Center-leftist, pretty establishment
Tenzin - Centrist, socially liberal with moderate economics. More concerned with keeping things together than anything.
Lin Beifong - Solid conservative

Did you purchase the DVD’s, or...?

my fiancee has the series on bluray, i'm halfway through season 2 now. my opinion of Korra has changed a bit. She seems pretty intense about human rights, I could see her being pretty hawkish in terms of foreign intervention if it's done for humanitarian reasons.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »

Malcolm in the Middle anyone?

Hal- Hillary Clinton (Primary: John Kasich)

Lois- Donald Trump (Primary: Marco Rubio)

Francis- Hillary Clinton (Primary: Bernie Sanders)

Reese- Gary Johnson (Primary: Rand Paul)

Malcolm- Hillary Clinton (Primary: Hillary Clinton)

Dewey- Hillary Clinton (Primary: John Kasich)

Piyama: Hillary Clinton (Primary: Hillary Clinton)

Stevie- Hillary Clinton (Primary: Bernie Sanders)

Craig- Donald Trump (Primary: Bernie Sanders)

Ida - Donald Trump (Primary: Donald Trump)

Polly- Jill Stein (Primary: Bernie Sanders)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 05:44:50 PM »

I bet Christian Grey is a Romney-Clinton voter am I right??
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies