Huntsman's bab... I mean daughters spoof Herman Cain's smoke ad.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 11:00:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Huntsman's bab... I mean daughters spoof Herman Cain's smoke ad.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Huntsman's bab... I mean daughters spoof Herman Cain's smoke ad.  (Read 3097 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 12:25:47 AM »

Go tell Karl Malone that Mormons are racist.

there were black members in Armstrongism also, even though they werent allowed to attend the church's colleges.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 12:33:37 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2011, 12:46:34 AM by Politico »

Go tell Karl Malone that Mormons are racist.

there were black members in Armstrongism also, even though they werent allowed to attend the church's colleges.

Mormonism is just another branch of Christianity, not a cult. Mormons are good people with strong values (And I have no idea how they manage to operate without ever consuming caffeine or alcohol, but it is admirable). Get over it, jmfcst. You really ought to embrace Romney because the alternative is four more years of Obama. Do you really want that?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 12:57:30 AM »

Well,this ad has just been linked by Italy's most famous newspaper,La Repubblica.

Maybe they'll land him a 4th supporter!
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 02:35:21 AM »

Mormonism is just another branch of Christianity, not a cult. Mormons are good people with strong values (And I have no idea how they manage to operate without ever consuming caffeine or alcohol, but it is admirable). Get over it, jmfcst. You really ought to embrace Romney because the alternative is four more years of Obama. Do you really want that?

Mormonism does NOT claim it is another branch of Christianity, rather it believes it is THE branch of Christianity and that salvation requires accepting Joseph Smith as a prophet of God.  Mormonism is a lie, plain and simple.  And I don't need to get over cause I was never in it to begin with.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 02:50:32 AM »

The Mormon prophet Brigham Young on the appearence of Africans:

“Cain slew his brother....and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the FLAT NOSE AND BLACK SKIN...”
(Journal of Discourses, Vol. 7, pages 290-291)

---

Besides a black skin, Africans have a black heart, according to Mormon publication Times and Seasons, edited by future prophet John Taylor:

“The descendants of Ham, besides A BLACK SKIN which has ever been a curse that has followed an apostate of the holy priesthood, as well as a BLACK HEART, have been servants to both Shem and Japheth, and the ABOLITIONISTS ARE TRYING TO MAKE VOID THE CURSE OF GOD, BUT IT WILL REQUIRE MORE POWER THAN MAN POSSESSES TO COUNTERACT THE DECREES OF ETERNAL WISDOM.”
(Times and Seasons, Vol. 6, page 857)

---

“Not only was Cain called upon to suffer, but because of his wickedness HE BECAME THE FATHER OF AN INFERIOR RACE.”
(The Way to Perfection, page 101)

“There is a reason why one man is BORN BLACK and with OTHER DISADVANTAGES, while another is BORN WHITE with great advantages. The reason is that we once had an estate before we came here, and were obedient; more or less, to the laws that were given us there.”
(Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, page 61)

“NEGROES IN THIS LIFE ARE DENIED THE PRIESTHOOD; under NO circumstances can they hold this delegation of authority from the Almighty. The gospel message of salvation IS NOT CARRIED AFFIRMATIVELY TO THEM... “NEGROES ARE NOT EQUAL WITH OTHER RACES WHERE THE RECEIPT OF CERTAIN SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS ARE CONCERNED...” (Mormon Doctrine, 1958, p. 477)

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2011, 02:53:22 AM »

Cain was an associate of Lucifer and is the Father of the Negros.

“Though he was a rebel and AN ASSOCIATE OF LUCIFER IN PRE-EXISTENCE, and though he was a liar from the beginning whose name was Perdition, CAIN MANAGED TO ATTAIN THE PRIVILEGE OF MORTAL BIRTH. Under Adam's tutelage, he began in this life to serve God....he came out in open rebellion, fought God, worshiped Lucifer, and slew Abel.... “As a result of his rebellion, CAIN WAS CURSED WITH A DARK SKIN; he became the father of the Negroes, and those spirits who ARE NOT WORTHY to receive the priesthood are born through his lineage. He became the first mortal to be cursed as a son of perdition. As a result of his mortal birth he is assured of a tangible body of flesh and bones in eternity, a fact which will enable him to RULE over SATAN.”(Mormon Doctrine, p. 102)

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2011, 02:54:27 AM »

Brigham Young: Death to inter-racial couples:

“Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the AFRICAN RACE? If the WHITE man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the PENALTY, under the LAW OF GOD, IS DEATH ON THE SPOT. THIS WILL ALWAYS BE SO.” (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 10, page 110)

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2011, 02:55:47 AM »

A letter written by Joseph Smith, the first Mormon prophet, to the Messenger and Advocate, an early Mormon newspaper, deriding those who would end slavery.  Later, this letter was printed in "History of the Church":

“DEAR SIR: —This place (Kirtland) having recently been visited by a gentleman who advocated the principles or doctrines of those who are called ABOLITIONISTS, and his presence having created an interest in that subject, if you deem the following reflections of any service, or think they will have a tendency to correct the opinions of the Southern public,...you are at liberty to give them publicity... I FEAR that the sound might go out, that 'an Abolitionist' had held forth several times to this community,...all, except a very few, attended to their own vocations, and left the gentleman to hold forth his own arguments to nearly naked walls. I am aware that many, who PROFESS to preach the Gospel, complain against their brethren of the same faith, who reside in the South, and are ready to withdraw the hand of fellowship, because they will not renounce the principle of slavery, and raise their voice against every thing of the kind. This must be a tender point, and one which should call forth the candid reflections of all men, and more especially before they advance in an opposition calculated to lay waste the fair states of the South, and let loose upon the world a community of people, who might, peradventure, OVERRUN OUR COUNTRY, AND VIOLATE THE MOST SACRED PRINCIPLES OF HUMAN SOCIETY, CHASTITY AND VIRTUE.... I do not believe that the people of the North have any more right to say that the South shall not hold slaves, than the South have to say the North shall. “How any community can ever be excited with the CHATTER of such persons, boys and others, who are too indolent to obtain their living by honest industry, and are incapable of pursuing any occupation of a professional nature, is unaccountable to me; and when I see persons in the free states, signing documents against slavery, it is no less, in my mind, than an army of influence, and a DECLARATION OF HOSTILITIES, against the people of the South. What course can sooner divide our union? “After having expressed myself so freely upon this subject, I do not doubt, but those who have been forward in raising their voices against the South, will cry out against me as being uncharitable, unfeeling, unkind, and wholly unacquainted with the Gospel of Christ....the first mention we have of SLAVERY is found in the Holy Bible,... And so far from that prediction being averse to the mind of God, it remains as a lasting monument of the DECREE OF JEHOVAH, to the shame and confusion of all who HAVE CRIED OUT against the South, in consequence of their holding the sons of Ham in SERVITUDE.... I can say, the CURSE IS NOT YET TAKEN OFF FROM THE SONS OF CANAAN, neither will be until it is affected by as great a power as caused it to come; and the people who INTERFERE THE LEAST WITH THE PURPOSES OF GOD in this matter, will come under the LEAST CONDEMNATION BEFORE HIM; and those who are determined to pursue a course, which shows an opposition, and a feverish restlessness against the DECREES OF THE LORD, will learn, when perhaps it is too late for their own good, that God can do his own work, without the aid of those who are not dictated by His counsel.”
(History of the Church, by Joseph Smith, Vol. 2, pages 436-438)

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2011, 02:57:36 AM »

John Taylor, who became the third President of the Mormon Church, had this to say concerning the abolitionist Horace Greeley after Mr. Greeley visited Utah:

“... I WOULD NOT TALK TO HIM: I FELT MYSELF SUPERIOR TO SUCH A MEAN CONTEMPTIBLE CUR. I knew he was not after truth, but falsehood. “This Greeley is one of their popular characters in the East, and one that supports the stealing of nS and the underground railroad....he is one of the prominent newspaper editors in the Eastern country, and he is a POOR, MISERABLE CURSE.” (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 5, page 119)

While giving sermons, Brigham Young had these things to say about the abolutionists:

“The rank, rabid ABOLITIONISTS, whom I call BLACK-HEARTED Republicans, have set the whole national fabric on fire.”
(Journal of Discourses, Vol. 10, page 110)

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2011, 03:15:23 AM »

and I could go on and on quoting this varsity level racism, coming from the founders of the Mormon church

Mormonism is just another branch of Christianity, not a cult. Mormons are good people with strong values (And I have no idea how they manage to operate without ever consuming caffeine or alcohol, but it is admirable).

well, you may think Mormonism, with all its embedded racism and threatening the lives of inter-racial couples, has strong values, and you may find it admirable that they strain at a gnat over common foodstuff...but the combination of racism and legalistic dietary laws is actually prophesied in the NT:

1Tim 4:1  The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

notice that Paul didn't consider that Christianity, rather he viewed it as having denomic influence

like I said, this is varsity level deception
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2011, 07:27:30 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2011, 07:32:08 AM by Certified Swell »

Brigham Young: Death to inter-racial couples:

“Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the AFRICAN RACE? If the WHITE man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the PENALTY, under the LAW OF GOD, IS DEATH ON THE SPOT. THIS WILL ALWAYS BE SO.” (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 10, page 110)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYTuwhW_Inw&feature=channel_video_title

I'm not defending it, but it's so odd that a religion's early leader would say such things, and the Church would put out videos showing things like this. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2011, 10:39:38 AM »

if joseph smith were a forum member, he would  be considered prophetman's twin
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2011, 10:44:03 AM »

jmf, white South African Christians of a more normal variety used similar interpretations of the Ham story to justify apartheid, as did 19th century southerners in the US. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »

jmf, white South African Christians of a more normal variety used similar interpretations of the Ham story to justify apartheid, as did 19th century southerners in the US. 

as did Herbert Armstrong and prophetman...and they were ALL deceived and deceivers, yet Herbert Armstrong and Joseph Smith both claimed to be God's first modern day prophet who was restoring true Christianity during the last days, thus both Armstrongism and Mormonism rest on the legitimacy of Armstrong's and Smith's claims...it's not rocket science

---

and Jon Huntsman needs to come up with his own material.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies