Israel general discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 12:32:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel general discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 74
Author Topic: Israel general discussion  (Read 229802 times)
danny
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: June 16, 2016, 01:24:55 PM »

Saying someone doesn't even qualify to be a military pundit and then a month later appointing him as minister of defence is ridiculous. Breaking your allegiance to the government after you leave it is political, you sometimes have to keep in line as a part of the whole

Of course what Bibi did was ridiculous, while also being normal politics (Lieberman attacked him so he attacked him back, it was obvious neither side really meant it at the time). Breaking allegiance with the government after you leave it is political, but attacking an opinion you yourself espoused (or pretended to) until not long ago isn't, and should require an explanation.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #726 on: July 31, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »

So Labour Party convention voted to postpone the leadership election to July 2017. A blow to Margalit, Yechinovic, and Bar Lev
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #727 on: July 31, 2016, 01:54:52 PM »

So Labour Party convention voted to postpone the leadership election to July 2017. A blow to Margalit, Yechinovic, and Bar Lev
Who is this a victory for, though? For Isaac Herzog?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #728 on: July 31, 2016, 01:57:39 PM »

Yes and his allies Kabel, Bar, And Nissenkorn. The selectorate will surely oust him but the party convention is under his control so he bought himself more time. As I said he keeps getting into to lose-lose situations, what a terrible man at politics.
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #729 on: July 31, 2016, 02:10:49 PM »

Yes and his allies Kabel, Bar, And Nissenkorn. The selectorate will surely oust him but the party convention is under his control so he bought himself more time. As I said he keeps getting into to lose-lose situations, what a terrible man at politics.
Are there any meaningful policy differences between pro-Herzog and anti-Herzog Labor politicians, though?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #730 on: August 01, 2016, 03:09:57 AM »

Are there any meaningful policy differences between pro-Herzog and anti-Herzog Labor politicians, though?
Minimal for me. But Yechimovic is more to the left economically, Margalit is more third way dem if you need an American parallel, and Herzog is free market with favours to the big unions and farmers.
On the Palestinian issues the difference is virtually non existent, all pro 2 states with some part of East Jerusalem in Palestinian hands
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #731 on: August 02, 2016, 06:13:19 PM »

I saw on twitter that there were some reports of protests at the convention, do you know how bad/hilarious/true these reports are?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #732 on: August 28, 2016, 10:36:01 AM »

"Fuad" Ben Eliezer former leader of Labour and a HHP died. I wonder how the eulogies are going to look considering how much of a corrupt HP he was
danny
Israel

« Reply #733 on: August 28, 2016, 10:50:36 AM »

"Fuad" Ben Eliezer former leader of Labour and a HHP died. I wonder how the eulogies are going to look considering how much of a corrupt HP he was

Humans are complicated and tend to have better parts and worse parts to them. When they die people tend to remember the better parts, and that's what the will do with Fuad, while ignoring the bad parts.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #734 on: August 28, 2016, 11:53:17 AM »

Humans are complicated and tend to have better parts and worse parts to them. When they die people tend to remember the better parts, and that's what the will do with Fuad, while ignoring the bad parts.
From being on Mubarak's payroll to do every cynical things in politics I can't think of a single good thing to say about him.

I'm well aware there going to be crappy sentimental eulogies (especially Yediot) I am a native after all, just wondering how much "acrobatic" they're going to show covering up all the dirt.
danny
Israel

« Reply #735 on: August 28, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »

From being on Mubarak's payroll to do every cynical things in politics I can't think of a single good thing to say about him.

I'm well aware there going to be crappy sentimental eulogies (especially Yediot) I am a native after all, just wondering how much "acrobatic" they're going to show covering up all the dirt.

The man was a general in the army, and a minister (in several different ministries), it shouldn't be very hard to find good things to say about him that are true.
Even Yehimovich whom is well aware of his corruption wrote nicely about him: https://twitter.com/Syechimovich/status/769912865205596160?lang=he
danny
Israel

« Reply #736 on: September 02, 2016, 11:07:21 AM »

new Jerusalem post/Smith:
Likud: 27
Yesh Atid: 20
Joint List: 13
Zionist Union: 12
Jewish Home: 12
Yisrael Beitenu: 9
Kulanu: 7
Shas: 7
UTJ: 7
Meretz: 6
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #737 on: September 06, 2016, 12:13:30 PM »

LMAO: billboards in Tel Aviv calling on Ehud Barak to make a comeback to Israeli politics. One has to be more than a little bit delusional to think Barak, of all people, will save the Israeli center/left, imo.
danny
Israel

« Reply #738 on: September 06, 2016, 12:26:49 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2016, 12:31:04 PM by danny »

According to a new channel 2 poll, The train fiasco is really hurting Bibi, for the first time since the election Likud isn't the largest party:
Yesh Atid: 24
Likud: 22
Jewish Home: 14
Zionist Union: 13
Joint List: 13
Yisrael Beitenu: 10
UTJ: 7
Kulanu: 6
Shas: 6
Meretz: 5
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #739 on: September 06, 2016, 12:59:39 PM »

LMAO: billboards in Tel Aviv calling on Ehud Barak to make a comeback to Israeli politics. One has to be more than a little bit delusional to think Barak, of all people, will save the Israeli center/left, imo.
A little bit delusional? Barak is more than a bit delusional, yes I'm also implying he's behind this, it fits the way he operates and his crooked way of thinking that he's some messiah everybody's been waiting for,

regarding the poll, tonnes of salt and meaning less - I think the last election showed us that whenever there's a serious threat to his left (though as I said Lapid being to his left is a mirage) Likud can drain the votes from JH and Liberman
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #740 on: September 06, 2016, 01:33:39 PM »

The train stuff is obviously right up Yesh Atid's alley, but Lapid's not going to win a GE (partly for reasons outlined by hnv). A new election would most likely be a replay of the 2015 scenario.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #741 on: September 11, 2016, 09:31:43 AM »

Channel 1 poll:
Lapid - 27
Likud - 11
JAL - 13
JH - 11
ZU - 11
Liberman - 9
UTJ - 9
Meretz - 7
Kachlon - 6
Shas - 4 (lol)

anyway it's geo-cartography poll and they are notoriously terrible
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #742 on: September 11, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »

Channel 1 poll:
Lapid - 27
Likud - 11
JAL - 13
JH - 11
ZU - 11
Liberman - 9
UTJ - 9
Meretz - 7
Kachlon - 6
Shas - 4 (lol)

That should be Likud 21, right?
danny
Israel

« Reply #743 on: September 11, 2016, 08:23:28 PM »

Channel 1 poll:
Lapid - 27
Likud - 11
JAL - 13
JH - 11
ZU - 11
Liberman - 9
UTJ - 9
Meretz - 7
Kachlon - 6
Shas - 4 (lol)

That should be Likud 21, right?
23, but it's Geocartography so none of this matters.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #744 on: September 13, 2016, 01:26:05 PM »

Prayers to Shimon Peres. Wish him a swift recovery.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #745 on: September 13, 2016, 03:03:31 PM »

I disliked few characters in Israeli politics more then him, but all the best.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #746 on: September 13, 2016, 10:12:10 PM »

I disliked few characters in Israeli politics more then him, but all the best.

I share the same sentiment.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: September 14, 2016, 08:21:26 AM »

Same here... #horseshoe
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #748 on: September 14, 2016, 12:15:59 PM »

Out of danger so it seems, so the cheesy memorial will wait
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #749 on: September 28, 2016, 04:06:43 AM »

Well he passed away yesterday. I suppose we will see a grand public funeral on Friday with Obama, Clinton, Prince Charles, the Pope, and others coming. He was the last remains of his generation in politics, hell even from the next generation (the batch of the 70's or the 80's) there's hardly anyone left.
In a way it will also be the funeral for old Mapai.

I'm still shocked by the amount of popularity he gained later in his life. 
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies