AFL - The Atlas Football League
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:54:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  AFL - The Atlas Football League
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31
Author Topic: AFL - The Atlas Football League  (Read 46318 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: January 19, 2005, 05:37:45 PM »

So when does the next season start?

Also I would like to buy the Ohio Gamblers since Boss Tweed has left Atlasia for good it seems.

This season was a lot of work, so I'm not sure. Also, it succeeded because the election fervor had died down.

People with one or zero teams have priority over you, Colin.

Nobody else wants a team and if anybody does you'll have to deal with my bodyguards. Smiley
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #726 on: January 19, 2005, 06:22:56 PM »

I'll buy them, if nobody who doesn't have a team wants them.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #727 on: January 19, 2005, 06:26:17 PM »

I'll buy them, if nobody who doesn't have a team wants them.

I called it first Traldan.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #728 on: January 19, 2005, 07:08:18 PM »

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT: The league will be split into 2 conferences, each with 12 teams. To acheive 24 teams, the Newark franchise will be discontinued.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #729 on: January 19, 2005, 07:26:18 PM »

You have 2 teams Colin.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #730 on: January 19, 2005, 07:27:02 PM »

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT: The league will be split into 2 conferences, each with 12 teams. To acheive 24 teams, the Newark franchise will be discontinued.

You feel up to making a schedule? We don't have anything to go off now, since we changed the alignment.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #731 on: January 19, 2005, 07:27:59 PM »

I propose we postpone the next season until after the February Elections.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #732 on: January 19, 2005, 07:29:41 PM »

I don't believe this tripe. Stop with this spread the wealth crap. I'll buy whatever team I want. Heck I could buy this league if I wanted to or a could start a new one. Traldan I will give you 35,000,000 to drop your bid for the Gamblers.  
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #733 on: January 19, 2005, 07:33:57 PM »

I don't believe this tripe. Stop with this spread the wealth crap. I'll buy whatever team I want. Heck I could buy this league if I wanted to or a could start a new one. Traldan I will give you 35,000,000 to drop your bid for the Gamblers.  

Simply because you have put your name on everything corporate doesn't give you the right to go acting as if you had a birthright to everything. Stop throwing money around simply because you made a list of top incomes and you were number 2.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #734 on: January 19, 2005, 07:35:25 PM »

You already have 2 teams, I have 1, and I would like another one.  If someone else, who doesn't already own a team, wants it, then I'm fine with that, but otherwise, I'd like it.  Colin, just cause you "have more money" doesn't mean you have to be an asshole.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #735 on: January 19, 2005, 07:58:34 PM »

Simply because you have put your name on everything corporate doesn't give you the right to go acting as if you had a birthright to everything. Stop throwing money around simply because you made a list of top incomes and you were number 2.

Shut up. Go back to making up new voters.

That really rebutted my argument right there Colin.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #736 on: January 19, 2005, 07:59:48 PM »

Glad to see you deleted that Colin.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #737 on: January 19, 2005, 08:01:22 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2005, 08:03:45 PM by Senate Candidate Colin Wixted »

As you see now I have deleted the post. But really all I want to do is buy one more team. Is that expanding my great and glorious corporate empire? Is that stamping my name on something else? No it isn't. While it is good to make things fair whats wrong with alittle first come first serve. I was the one who brought up buying the team since Boss Tweed left. I was the one who took the initiative and asked for it and asked if it was on sale or whether I could buy it. Traldan didn't, I did.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #738 on: January 19, 2005, 08:05:02 PM »

As you see now I have deleted the post. But really all I want to do is buy one more team. Is that expanding my great and glorious corporate empire? Is that stamping my name on something else? No it isn't. While it is good to make things fair whats wrong with alittle first come first serve. I was the one who brought up buying the team since Boss Tweed left. I was the one who took the initiative and asked for it and asked if it was on sale or whether I could buy it. Traldan didn't, I did. Akno quit thinking your so high and mighty.

I don't want anyone owning 12% of all teams, which having 3 out of 24 would make you do. How I am high and mighty by trying to encourage ownership among those who own less?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #739 on: January 19, 2005, 08:09:34 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2005, 08:12:07 PM by Senate Candidate Colin Wixted »

I don't want anyone owning 12% of all teams, which having 3 out of 24 would make you do. How I am high and mighty by trying to encourage ownership among those who own less?
Well then why did you allow King to do it last season? I wasn't commenting on your nature as Commissioner I was talking about your entire atitude on this forum. If you really wanted to promote team ownership why don't you give up one of your teams? You're already the commissioner.

I'll stop and let Traldan own the Ohio Gamblers since your not going to budge. I'll give up my bid on that team for now. Traldan take the team. 
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #740 on: January 19, 2005, 08:14:34 PM »

Well then why did you allow King to do it last season? I wasn't commenting on your nature as Commissioner I was talking about your entire atitude on this forum. If you really wanted to promote team ownership why don't you give up one of your teams? You're already the commissioner.

I'll stop and let Traldan own the Ohio Gamblers since your not going to budge. I'll give up my bid on that team for now. Traldan take the team. 

Because there was no alternative action to be taken then, no one else was stepping up to take the team, who did not already have two teams. I have 2, and will give one up to a new owner if one comes up.

I proclaim the Gamblers of Ohio Lord Traldan's.

I still want the next season pushed back until March, or late Feb.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #741 on: January 19, 2005, 08:20:38 PM »

I have an idea: 4 leagues of 7 teams each, for 28 teams. Example:

Northeast:
Maine Coastals
Concord Bonos
New York Emperors
Bay State Colonials
Pennsylvania 13ers
Philadelphia Cheesesteaks
Atlantic City Trumps (former Newark Pirates)

Southeast:
Atlanta Fire
Carolina Crusaders
Jackson Bandits
New Orleans Saints
Richmond X-Men
Nyman Nationals
Florida Gators (addition)

Midwest:
Pittsburgh Soulties
Cleveland Browns
Ohio Gamblers
Wisconsin Independence
Twin Cities Tigers
Baltimore Aknos
Buffalo Lake Effect

West:
San Diego Spartans
San Francisco Sharks
San Jose Kings
Western Bulldogs
Washington Cascades
Las Vegas Aces (addition)
Houston W's (addition)

A modification would mean no wildcards: the top 2 teams in each league advance to the playoffs.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #742 on: January 19, 2005, 08:25:41 PM »

Could I please have the Ohio Gamblers renamed to the Ohio Namblers?  And they'll be playing in Goatse Field.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #743 on: January 19, 2005, 08:30:33 PM »

Could I please have the Ohio Gamblers renamed to the Ohio Namblers?  And they'll be playing in Goatse Field.

Considering where they're playing, I don't think i even want to know what a Nambler is...
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #744 on: January 19, 2005, 08:44:12 PM »

I have an idea: 4 leagues of 7 teams each, for 28 teams. Example:

Northeast:
Maine Coastals
Concord Bonos
New York Emperors
Bay State Colonials
Pennsylvania 13ers
Philadelphia Cheesesteaks
Atlantic City Trumps (former Newark Pirates)

Southeast:
Atlanta Fire
Carolina Crusaders
Jackson Bandits
New Orleans Saints
Richmond X-Men
Nyman Nationals
Florida Gators (addition)

Midwest:
Pittsburgh Soulties
Cleveland Browns
Ohio Gamblers
Wisconsin Independence
Twin Cities Tigers
Baltimore Aknos
Buffalo Lake Effect

West:
San Diego Spartans
San Francisco Sharks
San Jose Kings
Western Bulldogs
Washington Cascades
Las Vegas Aces (addition)
Houston W's (addition)

A modification would mean no wildcards: the top 2 teams in each league advance to the playoffs.

I'd rather have 6 teams per division, which can be achived by eliminating all of the additions and keeping the Newark team folded.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #745 on: January 20, 2005, 05:55:05 PM »

Considering where they're playing, I don't think i even want to know what a Nambler is...

Its, uh, sort of a joke between my friends and I, part of it originating from a hilarious prank call, and the rest just evolving out of our gamer culture...thing.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #746 on: January 20, 2005, 07:54:22 PM »

I've decided to concentrate on other business interests for now, so the Carolina Crusaders are up for sale, provided that the new owner keeps them in the Carolinas.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: January 20, 2005, 07:56:19 PM »

I've decided to concentrate on other business interests for now, so the Carolina Crusaders are up for sale, provided that the new owner keeps them in the Carolinas.

I would like to consider buy the Carolina Crusaders. What is your offer?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #748 on: January 20, 2005, 08:01:56 PM »

King and I are leaning towards not doing the 2nd Season until after the elections, FYI.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #749 on: January 20, 2005, 08:25:19 PM »

King and I are leaning towards not doing the 2nd Season until after the elections, FYI.

Thats fine, it wouldn't be as fun if it was running constantly.  Better to leave a little break, for planning and such, and to get the hype up. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies