What is your annual income and party affiliation?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 10:35:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is your annual income and party affiliation?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Select one
$0-8,500 (D)

$0-8,500 (R)

$0-8,500 (I)

$8,500-34,500 (D)

$8,500-34,500 (R)

$8,500-34,500 (I)

$34,500-83,600 (D)

$34,500-83,600 (R)

$34,500-83,600 (I)

$83,600-174,400 (D)

$83,600-174,400 (R)

$83,600-174,400 (I)

$174,400-379,150 (D)

$174,400-379,150 (R)

$174,400-379,150 (I)

$379,150+ (D)

$379,150+ (R)

$379,150+ (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: What is your annual income and party affiliation?  (Read 5313 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2011, 05:03:54 PM »

Select your income level corresponding to the party you vote for.  The ranges are from 2011's IRS tax brackets and are only meant to measure taxable income (so if you're running a lucrative weed business, be  honest in the poll Smiley). 
Wonkish1

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 05:24:59 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2011, 05:33:31 PM by Wonkish1 »

Select your income level corresponding to the party you vote for.  The ranges are from 2011's IRS tax brackets and are only meant to measure taxable income (so if you're running a lucrative weed business, be  honest in the poll Smiley).  

Actually smart drug dealers still pay taxes so that they don't also get hit with tax evasion if they get busted. Its in the tax code, even if its illegally earned income you are supposed to report it.

I think folks would find it interesting how they actually manage to pay their taxes. Any guesses?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »

Select your income level corresponding to the party you vote for.  The ranges are from 2011's IRS tax brackets and are only meant to measure taxable income (so if you're running a lucrative weed business, be  honest in the poll Smiley).  

Actually smart drug dealers still pay taxes so that they don't also get hit with tax evasion if they get busted. Its in the tax code, even if its illegally earned income you are supposed to report it.

I think folks would find it interesting how they actually manage to pay their taxes.
Lol ... Ever heard about Mexican banks? Guess what they are used for.
Wonkish1

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »

I think folks would find it interesting how they actually manage to pay their taxes.

Well laundering money of course. Is that what you mean?
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »

I think folks would find it interesting how they actually manage to pay their taxes. Any guesses?

Some of your posts make me want to punch a wall. This is one of those posts.
Wonkish1

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 06:03:16 PM »

What's the problem?
Wonkish1

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »

And it is actually quite interesting. It was told to me by my Tax Accounting professor back in college. He had a tax attorney friend that catered to some people that earned income illegally.

And how they do it is this. The tax attorney prepares the tax return without any identifying information on the document and he's careful to make sure that he wears gloves while touching the paper and envelopes. He also makes sure that no DNA(like a hair) can end up on any of the documents or envelope. Furthermore, they can't lick the envelope either. They package up the envelope with no return address and the amount of taxes owed in cash.

But not before they make a copy of the tax return and store it at the attorney's office for then on. In the case that the drug dealer gets busted and tax evasion gets added to the charges, the drug dealer has his tax attorney present their copy of the tax return to the court and the IRS matches it against records held at the IRS. When they find a match the tax evasion charges are dropped.

So do you still want to punch a wall?
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »

What's the problem?

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »

Well laundering money of course. Is that what you mean?
I see what you mean now. I guess it comes down to technicality if you call the fake installation they use to launder money as the "drug dealer".
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 07:55:44 PM »

Come, now. If drug dealers were all idiots, they'd all be in jail by now! Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 08:22:05 PM »

$961 (D)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 09:00:37 PM »

Come on guys, it was just a one liner...
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »

I think I got about $6k this summer, will need to look at my paychecks to see the exact amount.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 10:40:34 PM »

Who are the three people with +$379k?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 09:14:05 AM »

$27K (D)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 12:12:23 PM »

people who are dependents should answer based on how much their given lifestyle costs.  hence I voted 34-83k despite only earning maybe $5 grand this year.  plenty more has been spent on me.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 12:13:42 PM »

Around $50,000 (D). 
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 12:13:56 PM »

gross or net income ?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »

almost certainly gross
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »

OK. With or without my 13th and 14th extra payment (holiday and christmas money) ?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »

It's income. However you end up getting it and whatever it's called.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »

Then about 41.000$ gross (D).
Link
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »

And it is actually quite interesting. It was told to me by my Tax Accounting professor back in college. He had a tax attorney friend that catered to some people that earned income illegally.

And how they do it is this. The tax attorney prepares the tax return without any identifying information on the document and he's careful to make sure that he wears gloves while touching the paper and envelopes. He also makes sure that no DNA(like a hair) can end up on any of the documents or envelope. Furthermore, they can't lick the envelope either. They package up the envelope with no return address and the amount of taxes owed in cash.

But not before they make a copy of the tax return and store it at the attorney's office for then on. In the case that the drug dealer gets busted and tax evasion gets added to the charges, the drug dealer has his tax attorney present their copy of the tax return to the court and the IRS matches it against records held at the IRS. When they find a match the tax evasion charges are dropped.

That is an interesting but somewhat dubious story.  Could be true though.

What I find even more interesting is that while Republicans whole heartedly believe stuff like this they go around repeating lies about illegal immigrants not paying taxes but yet using public services.  How about a thread by a Republican explaining how a lot of illegal immigrants actually do pay taxes and never see a penny of the money they paid into social security or medicare.  Now that would be an interesting and far more relevant post.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »

That is an interesting but somewhat dubious story.  Could be true though.

What I find even more interesting is that while Republicans whole heartedly believe stuff like this they go around repeating lies about illegal immigrants not paying taxes but yet using public services.  How about a thread by a Republican explaining how a lot of illegal immigrants actually do pay taxes and never see a penny of the money they paid into social security or medicare.  Now that would be an interesting and far more relevant post.

Or what about the multinational corporation CEOs who find enough loopholes to pay very little in taxes (especially considering their truly monstrous incomes), yet take advantage of subsidies, friendly regulations, free trade agreements...
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 01:06:13 AM »

the 4th bracket - D (if American)
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: