Bill Clinton vs. George Bush Jr. 2000 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:05:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bill Clinton vs. George Bush Jr. 2000 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill Clinton vs. George Bush Jr. 2000  (Read 11498 times)
Jay20
Rookie
« on: July 19, 2012, 12:13:21 AM »

I don't think the GOP would have nominated W if Clinton were the opponent, because not only was the country not thrilled with impeaching him, but any attach W could have thrown at Clinton would have been repelled by labeling W as similar to the first Bush, who was very unpopular during most of 1992, and his policies (tho not personality) were discredited to the public.

I think if Clinton had been able to run in 2000, the GOP may have gone with McCain to get those centrist votes Clinton got, and went off McCain's appeal to moderates at the time. Or they may have gone with an outsider not associated with Gingrich, Dole, or the Bushes.
Jay20
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 01:37:40 AM »

I think you have the same map as 1996, but with Bush getting NV and KY, maybe, but def not WV or TN. Maybe Bush woulda brought Florida close, but that's about it. Remember, Clinton beat the first Bush, and only would have to liken his son's economic policy to his father and game over. Plus Clinton vs. another Bush woulda exposed W's fake southern thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies