Regarding the current secession movement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:11:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regarding the current secession movement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Regarding the current secession movement  (Read 4449 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2011, 09:49:29 PM »
« edited: September 25, 2011, 09:54:32 PM by Bacon King, VP »

Nevermind, I won't have to quit the game.  Thanks Bgwah for digging this up:

Section 3: Acts of Treason
The following acts are hereby declared Acts of Treason:
1. Rebellion, defined as the use of military forces to overthrow the Federal or any Regional government of Atlasia.
2. Aiding of a rebellion, defined as the fully knowing and intentional direction of funds, military aid, or strategic advice to a person or group seeking to engage in rebellion.
3. Terrorism, defined as the unlawful or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating civilians and/or the federal and/or regional governments of Atlasia.
4. Destruction of a Voting Booth, defined as deleting the thread in which a voting booth, or absentee voting booth, for an active election is contained.
Section 4: Punishment of Acts of Treason
Sentencing of Acts of Treason shall be by the presiding Justice; He may use any combination of the following as punishment, depending upon the severity of the offense:
1. Up to a lifetime ban from voting in any Atlasian elections.
2. Up to a lifetime ban from holding any office under the Republic of Atlasia.

PROTIP: That exact law was linked to in the original post.

Tongue

Edit: Actually, you/bgwah forgot about the amendment to that section of the bill, which makes secession itself an act of treason, regardless of the intentions of those who secede:

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Amendment_to_the_Consolidated_Criminal_Justice_Act

This was, again, linked to in my first post. Tongue

I don't want to see anyone getting barred eternally from voting... which is why I've worked so hard for everyone to drop the secession stuff Smiley (unless they're really looking to leave Atlasia permanently, of course).
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2011, 10:00:46 PM »

There were no threats of violent rebellion among the secessionists that I can see made anytime before this thread was created and the Vice President and the Senator began making threats to retaliate against the seceding states. The only threat of violent rebellion that night was made by Snowstalker's national worker's revolution. 

A peaceful, uneventful, temporary period of "secession" could have been achieved through a more conciliatory approach.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2011, 10:42:39 PM »

It would be rather funny if everyone who wanted out just seceded & then got b& 4evar.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2011, 12:43:30 AM »

There were no threats of violent rebellion among the secessionists that I can see made anytime before this thread was created and the Vice President and the Senator began making threats to retaliate against the seceding states. The only threat of violent rebellion that night was made by Snowstalker's national worker's revolution. 

A peaceful, uneventful, temporary period of "secession" could have been achieved through a more conciliatory approach.
Read BK's post.  Seceding is considered treason outright.  The CCJA was amended a few years ago to include secession without use of military forces.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2011, 01:33:57 AM »

Read BK's post.  Seceding is considered treason outright.  The CCJA was amended a few years ago to include secession without use of military forces.
And it is an awfully overbroad amendment, in my opinion. For the good peace and liberty of our nation, such sedition acts should not be enforced. To consider all declarations of secession "treasonous" is to devoid the definition of any force.  It is the sort of response that unecessarily escalates animosity into hostilities. 
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2011, 11:41:51 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=137599.msg3035004#msg3035004
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to: