Florida Declaration of Independence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:07:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Florida Declaration of Independence
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida Declaration of Independence  (Read 1718 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:00:09 PM »

As President of the Florida Constitutional Convention, it is my honor to announce the Declaration of Independence of the Republic of Florida.

Preamble

We, the citizens of the great province of Florida, declare our separation from the Republic of Atlasia, and the formation of the independent Republic of Florida. The secession will go into effect at 12:01 AM, September 24th, in the year of our Lord, 2011.

Section Grievances
1. The People of Florida, and the Imperial Dominion of the South have been ignored by our Federal Government, and seeing as we can no longer have a voice, we were forced to take this action.
2. The Federal government has ignored the economic desires of the people of Florida.
3. The Federal government is stagnating, and is near collapse, yet it imposes its yoke on the citizens.

Section B--The Declaration
1. The Province of Florida declares its independence, and soveirnty as a foreign nation.
2. The Province of Florida, upon emancipation, will immediately become the "Republic of Florida".
3. The Citizens of Florida have an option to repatriate to Atlasia or become citizens of the Republic.
4. The Republic of Florida recognizes the almighty powers of Dave as the Supreme Being ruling over this world.
5. The Republic of Florida will assert its rights to Civil Order and Defense immediately on independence.

Section C--Constitution
Preamble
We, the citizens of Florida, declare our consent to a civil society, with Justice, Liberty, and Peace for all. In order to do so, we invoke the name of Dave, who we pray will bless and protect our young nation.

1. The Citizens of Florida will be guaranteed a Bill of Rights.
1A. Every Citizen has a right to Religious Freedom.
1B. Every Citizen has a right to Self Defense.
1C. Every Citizen has a right to Freedom of Speech.
1D. Every Citizen has a right to Public Demonstration.
1E. Every Citizen has a right to Freedom of Association.
1F. Every Citizen has a right to Petition the Government without fear of reprisal.
1G. Every Citizen has a right to their Property, Earnings, and Incomes.
1H. Every Citizen has a right to their privacy.
1I. Every Citizen above the age of 17 has a right to vote.
1J. Every Citizen above the age of 25 has a right to seek political office.
1K. Every Citizen has the right to participate within the Free Market.
1L. The Republic will guarantee each municipality the power to regulate Drugs and Alcohol.
1M. The Military of Florida will be voluntary, all who meet its demands have a right to join.
1N. The Citizens of Florida have a right to leave the country if they seek options else where.
1O. Every County has a right to form a militia if they see fit.

2. The Government shall be structured on the following basis.
2A. The President is Head of State and Head of Government.
2B. The Senate will be the unicameral house of Government. It shall be based on population.
2C. The Senate has the right to vote on laws, approving or denying proposals.
2D. Any citizen, Senator, or the President can introduce laws.
2E. The Senators will represent districts. No district shall include more then 10,000 citizens.
2F. The Council of Justice(COJ)shall be the Supreme Court, and it shall be made up of 5 Judges.
2G. The Council of Justice shall decide whether a Presidents action or Senates action is legal.
2H. The Council of Justice shall be the final destination for all higher appeals.
2I. The individual counties shall have three judges, all elected, called the County Court (CC).
2J. A Appeals Court shall be created as a midway stop between the Country Court and COJ.
2K. All Judges on all Courts in Florida shall serve a three year term, and only serve 3 terms.
2L. The Individual Districts which the Senators Represent will elect a Community Commission.
2M. The Community Commissions will decide how many terms their Senator can serve.
2N. The Community Commissions will be appointed by the County, and the CC.
2O. The President will be the Commander in Chief of the Florida Defense Force.
2P. The President will appoint a cabinet.
2Q. No cabinet officer will be allowed to serve simultaneously in the Senate or as a Judge.
2R. The Cabinet shall consist of a Foreign Minister, Finance Minister, Attorney General, and Defense Minister. No other cabinet office can be created.

Section D-- Conclusion
We the citizens of Florida, reaffirm are faith in Dave, and our declaration. In Dave We Trust, 9/23/2011.

Deo Vindice.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:08:08 PM »

As Interim President of Florida, I am willing to negotiate with Atlasia, and I am offering to return to Atlasia, on the condition that negotiations take place regarding several issues in Article I of the Constitution.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 02:00:55 PM »

Giving up Atlasian citizenship may impact your ability to vote in Atlasian elections.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »

Kudos to Florida for taking a stand.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »

If your government pledge to abolish Jacksonville, I'd gladly provide my moral support for your cause.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »

I am in negotiations, and it is likely that Florida will rejoin the Union, if a Constitutional Amendment is at least attempted.

So as of now, I have a announcement.

I publicly apologize to the people of Atlasia, and Florida, announce that I an affirming my Atlasian Citizenship. My goal was to bring attention to reform, and it worked. I urge my other secessionist allies to do the same, that they too let their demands be known, so that reform may come. Dave Bless Atlasia.

I renounce my Florida Citizenship, effective at 5:00 PM EST Time today, and am now issuing my first and last executive order as President of Florida---I am dissolving the nation, effective at 4:59 PM EST. For a minute today, I will be a man without a country Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies