Kerry 08?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:33:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Kerry 08?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry 08?  (Read 2654 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2004, 02:34:08 AM »

In his concession speech he said "I'll be back". So maybe he is running in 08. I'm adding him to my list of Democrats in 08.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 02:41:15 AM »

Ugh. Spare us.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 04:42:10 AM »

I think Gore has a better chance.
skybridge
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 06:36:24 AM »

It hasn't been popular for the major parties to rerun losing candidates since decades. So to answer your question, I don't think Kerry will win the nomination in 2008. It will probably be someone who seemingly comes out of nowhere like most recent candidates.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 09:59:45 AM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 12:50:49 PM »

It's really ashame if Kerry thinks he can come back and win the Democratic nomination in 2008.

Here's my analysis (excuse me if some think I'm stating the obvious or if you think I am totally wrong):  Kerry wins Iowa and Democrats in most of the other primaries support Kerry only because they are eager to have a nominee. Democrats have to admit this: The 2004 Democratic primary was an absolute joke. A mess. I think most just wanted to see it end so Kerry wins Iowa and that was it.

I look at Kerry rallies on C-Span and the evening news and see all these people waving Kerry-Edwards signs but they aren't necessarily Kerry people. I look at the crowds and see a mix of Deaniacs, Gephardt union Dems, Wes Clark fans, etc. They weren't enthusiastic about Kerry. They wanted Bush gone. Sure they dressed up with their pins and shirts and waved their signs but if you ask them one reason why they were out there, it wasn't because they believed in Kerry. Many of them could probably care less about him. It was mainly "Get Bush out of office."

In 2008, Dems might remember John Kerry as the guy they supported to kick Bush out of office but other than that, they won't care about him. Kerry will go no where if he runs in 2008.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 02:12:39 PM »

In his concession speech he said "I'll be back". So maybe he is running in 08. I'm adding him to my list of Democrats in 08.

We've already been through this about three time already!
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 02:27:04 PM »

It's really ashame if Kerry thinks he can come back and win the Democratic nomination in 2008.

Here's my analysis (excuse me if some think I'm stating the obvious or if you think I am totally wrong):  Kerry wins Iowa and Democrats in most of the other primaries support Kerry only because they are eager to have a nominee. Democrats have to admit this: The 2004 Democratic primary was an absolute joke. A mess. I think most just wanted to see it end so Kerry wins Iowa and that was it.

I look at Kerry rallies on C-Span and the evening news and see all these people waving Kerry-Edwards signs but they aren't necessarily Kerry people. I look at the crowds and see a mix of Deaniacs, Gephardt union Dems, Wes Clark fans, etc. They weren't enthusiastic about Kerry. They wanted Bush gone. Sure they dressed up with their pins and shirts and waved their signs but if you ask them one reason why they were out there, it wasn't because they believed in Kerry. Many of them could probably care less about him. It was mainly "Get Bush out of office."

In 2008, Dems might remember John Kerry as the guy they supported to kick Bush out of office but other than that, they won't care about him. Kerry will go no where if he runs in 2008.

Personally, I like Kerry, but I am in the minority and you are correct.  People wanted a candidate b/c they wanted to kick Bush out of office, not neccessarily b/c they liked Kerry.  I hope he doesn't run in '08 just because he will get stomped in the primaries.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 05:37:04 PM »

What would be in his favor in 2008 that wasn't in 2004?
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 03:08:41 AM »

Nothing.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 12:09:16 PM »

Well who can predict what'll happen in four years, but he'd be a good president.  I seriously doubt he could get the nomination and then win the presidency though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies