National Tracking Poll Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:11:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  National Tracking Poll Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 77
Author Topic: National Tracking Poll Thread  (Read 309185 times)
ajb
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: September 29, 2012, 12:09:30 PM »

Still holding on Gallup with Romney 46, Obama 50.

Approval now at 48%, 46% disapprove.
Romney 44, Obama 50, that is.
pa2011
Rookie
« Reply #776 on: September 29, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »

Was just going to say, I am surprised Gallup seems to have settled out with this consistent 6 point Obama lead.
Reds4

« Reply #777 on: September 29, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »

It is a bit strange to see the constant 50-44 lead with so much movement in the job approval number. You have to wonder if there isn't some huge Obama sample on the 7 day tracker that is holding the lead at 6. Time will tell I guess.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #778 on: September 29, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2012, 12:40:29 PM by J. J. »

Still watching that 47% blip roll off the numbers.

They already did, silly.  It was in there on 9/19 to 9/22, then it dropped.  See the trends link on this page: 

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
ajb
United States

« Reply #779 on: September 29, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »

They already did, silly.  It was in there on 9/19 to 9/22, then it dropped.  See the trends link on this page:  http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
So what's driving Obama's rise in the Rasmussen tracker now? Whatever it is, you must be expecting to see it reflected in Gallup sooner or later.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #780 on: September 29, 2012, 12:19:11 PM »

It is a bit strange to see the constant 50-44 lead with so much movement in the job approval number. You have to wonder if there isn't some huge Obama sample on the 7 day tracker that is holding the lead at 6. Time will tell I guess.

You are probably seeing a strong pro Obama sample in there that was a reaction to the 47% comment.  That is why I was saying wait until Tuesday.  

The week the comment came out, Obama's weekly approval actually went down.  They just were not yet getting the reaction results as of that point (though Rasmussen had them).
ajb
United States

« Reply #781 on: September 29, 2012, 12:21:29 PM »

You are probably seeing a strong pro Obama sample in there that was a reaction to the 47% comment.  That is why I was saying wait until Tuesday.  

The week the comment came out, Obama's weekly approval actually went down.  They just were not yet getting the reaction results as of that point (though Rasmussen had them).

I wouldn't read that much into Gallup's approval rating numbers, given that they're of adults, not of RV or of LV. And given that an average of 65 out of every 500 adults they poll every night is not an RV, there's plenty of room for the approval numbers to fluctuate in ways bearing no relationship to the horserace numbers.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #782 on: September 29, 2012, 12:32:02 PM »

They already did, silly.  It was in there on 9/19 to 9/22, then it dropped.  See the trends link on this page:  http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
So what's driving Obama's rise in the Rasmussen tracker now? Whatever it is, you must be expecting to see it reflected in Gallup sooner or later.

Anything could be, including just statistical noise.  

No, the reason I was expecting a drop off on Gallup was because Romney went up on Gallup immediately after the comments.  It was obvious that the reaction samples were not yet a major component of the Gallup sample.

Gallup has a 6 day sample; Rasmussen has a 3 day sample.  Rasmussen records the changes more quickly than Gallup, but it is also be more influenced by a bad sample.  A bad sample will register for three days, then drop.  Rasmussen showed a clear shift, of more than three days, but there was nothing on Gallup.  It was obvious to someone with even an average understanding of polling that Gallup would jump when those numbers became a major part of the Gallup sample.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #783 on: September 29, 2012, 12:33:35 PM »

RAND

Obama 50.27
Romney 43.23

It seems to have stabilized. If the Rand poll rounded like other polls, then Obama would have been at 50 with Romney at 44/43  for the last week.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #784 on: September 29, 2012, 12:38:53 PM »

I wouldn't read that much into Gallup's approval rating numbers, given that they're of adults, not of RV or of LV. And given that an average of 65 out of every 500 adults they poll every night is not an RV, there's plenty of room for the approval numbers to fluctuate in ways bearing no relationship to the horserace numbers.

Gallup says that it is registered voters.  

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157709/obama-approval-vote-support-reach-better.aspx
ajb
United States

« Reply #785 on: September 29, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »

The trial heat numbers are RV. The approval numbers are adults:

"Gallup tracks daily the percentage of Americans who approve or disapprove of the job Barack Obama is doing as president. Daily results are based on telephone interviews with approximately 1,500 national adults; Margin of error is ±3 percentage points. "

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #786 on: September 30, 2012, 08:37:08 AM »

Rasmussen - 30 Sept

without leaners
Obama: 48%
Romney: 46%

with leaners
Obama: 49%
Romney: 47%
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #787 on: September 30, 2012, 11:11:34 AM »

Obama opens a 5-point lead @ Rasmussen's swing state tracking today.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #788 on: September 30, 2012, 11:52:45 AM »

the party id of the ras samples is D+3

http://washingtonexaminer.com/rasmussen-yes-dems-likely-have-2-4-point-advantage-in-november/article/2509409#.UGeycRj2Ez6
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #789 on: September 30, 2012, 11:53:43 AM »

I'm glad he's finally admitted it.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #790 on: September 30, 2012, 11:56:37 AM »

Skewed!
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #791 on: September 30, 2012, 11:58:55 AM »

so not R+4...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #792 on: September 30, 2012, 12:02:13 PM »

Currently it's not.

It's about R+2.2 for this daily LV tracking (via the "Argo Journal", I guess they have Premium access):

So he would have to adjust his numbers by 5 points until election day so that they reflect his quote in your article, which would basically change the whole Obama lead to about plus 5 or 7.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #793 on: September 30, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »

What Scott Rasmussen's trying to say I guess is that he will use a D+3 sample in the final week, instead of his current R+2 sample, to save face.
ajb
United States

« Reply #794 on: September 30, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »

What Scott Rasmussen's trying to say I guess is that he will use a D+3 sample in the final week, instead of his current R+2 sample, to save face.
Kind of makes you wonder, right, why he weights for partisan ID, something almost no other pollster does, when he himself thinks that actual turnout in November will be quite different from his weightings.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #795 on: September 30, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »

Kind of makes you wonder, right, why he weights for partisan ID, something almost no other pollster does, when he himself thinks that actual turnout in November will be quite different from his weightings.

Because he has to get on Fox News somehow.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #796 on: September 30, 2012, 12:13:41 PM »

Because he has a partisan agenda during the election season to produce favorable polls for GOP candidates to shape the narrative, but he also has a company to lead and clients to keep, so he has to "adjust" his numbers in the end not to look stupid.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #797 on: September 30, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »

Currently it's not.

It's about R+2.2 for this daily LV tracking (via the "Argo Journal", I guess they have Premium access):

So he would have to adjust his numbers by 5 points until election day so that they reflect his quote in your article, which would basically change the whole Obama lead to about plus 5 or 7.

probably a mistake because Romney had a lead amongst I by 4 in his tracking poll during the week but O was leading by 1 at general level and at the same time.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #798 on: September 30, 2012, 12:18:50 PM »

Currently it's not.

probably a mistake because Romney had a lead amongst I by 4 in his tracking poll during the week but O was leading by 1 at general level and at the same time.

Not really, if you take into account that more Republicans could vote for Obama in his poll than Democrats for Romney, and rounding issues.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #799 on: September 30, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »

Currently it's not.

Not really, if you take into account that more Republicans could vote for Obama in his poll than Democrats for Romney, and rounding issues.

it was the same...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies