Breaking: NH Gov. John Lynch (D) to retire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:29:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Breaking: NH Gov. John Lynch (D) to retire
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Breaking: NH Gov. John Lynch (D) to retire  (Read 3906 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 10:32:14 AM »

I think the big question is "how much" will it swing back, like you said.  However, if it swings back only slightly - that has some huge implications for the future of NH politics.  I am less convinced in a massive shift back to dems - some of the oddball laws that have been passed resonate with this state because it is such an oddball state.  It's also one of the most pleasurable states to watch the political process.  The voters have a lot of say here and that keeps both parties in check.

As i always say in such cases - we shall see... It's only slightly more then a year away))
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »

NH is an interesting case. It appears as genuine swing state, very sensitive on nationwide trends (except, perhaps, of 2004, when Kerry carried it, while having a purely regional advantage).

On the other hand, there are solid remains of conservatism in New Hampshire. After all, this is a state that elected a freaking Bob Smith for two Senate terms.

(Btw, welcome to the forum, smoltchanov Smiley)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 01:40:30 AM »

(Btw, welcome to the forum, smoltchanov Smiley)

Thanks. In fact - i am not so newbee: read forum for years, tried to join several times, but each time something went wrong and i couldn't login.. Now - everything went smoothly...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies