Platform Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:40:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Platform Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Platform Discussion  (Read 5876 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2005, 02:32:50 PM »

I warn you all, I ran for president in the GOP primaries, and the Party dissolved immediately, I was picked as a UAC Councillor, and within a month the party dissolved.  I may be a kiss of death.  Remember Patrick Warburton?  He was on "Dave's World", and the show got cancelled, he was on "Seinfeld" and the show got cancelled, every show he was on he was great but the show got cancelled.  You have been warned. Wink
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2005, 03:03:45 PM »

I warn you all, I ran for president in the GOP primaries, and the Party dissolved immediately, I was picked as a UAC Councillor, and within a month the party dissolved.  I may be a kiss of death.  Remember Patrick Warburton?  He was on "Dave's World", and the show got cancelled, he was on "Seinfeld" and the show got cancelled, every show he was on he was great but the show got cancelled.  You have been warned. Wink

Well, if you've got to compare yourself to Patrick Warburton, at least be the "Seinfeld" version - he was on the show for several seasons as the character "Puddy" before it was cancelled...and that was hardly his fault!

From everything you've written, you look to be the best person for the job - someone with an eye for detail.  You've got my support.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2005, 04:20:21 PM »

Well, if you've got to compare yourself to Patrick Warburton, at least be the "Seinfeld" version - he was on the show for several seasons as the character "Puddy" before it was cancelled...and that was hardly his fault!

From everything you've written, you look to be the best person for the job - someone with an eye for detail.  You've got my support.

Here, here.  I would trust John Ford, above anyone else to manage the parties affairs and maintain its basic functions.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2005, 12:18:27 AM »

Here, here.  I would trust John Ford, above anyone else to manage the parties affairs and maintain its basic functions.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree with everyone above. John Ford for Chairman!
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2005, 12:24:14 AM »

I accept.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2005, 12:28:38 AM »

Hurrah! Kiki
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2005, 01:42:57 AM »

Good Show!

FORD! FORD!! FORD!!!! FORD!!!!!!!!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2005, 06:05:46 AM »

w00t!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2005, 03:19:23 PM »

Good, the best choice got it then. Smiley
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2005, 06:29:16 PM »

What the great platform!

I agree all except your Europe policy, which should be reconsidered. (But I think that Gustaf would be strongly against that, heh) I would like to join the party as passive member.

Btw. Who are your members now?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2005, 07:48:51 PM »

ME Cheesy
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2005, 07:51:29 PM »

What the great platform!

I agree all except your Europe policy, which should be reconsidered. (But I think that Gustaf would be strongly against that, heh) I would like to join the party as passive member.

Josh, J-Mann, John Ford, Gustaf, Supersoulty, WMS, am I missing anyone?
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2005, 08:38:41 PM »

Is it OK, if I join you?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2005, 08:39:45 PM »

Speaking for myself, we'd be delighted to have you, Huck. Kiki
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2005, 08:40:31 PM »

What the great platform!

Josh, J-Mann, John Ford, Gustaf, Supersoulty, WMS, am I missing anyone?

Wildcard. Also, Huck Finn is going to join us too.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2005, 08:46:25 PM »

Come on and join!! we love to have ya
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2005, 08:47:56 PM »

So I will join.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2005, 09:05:24 PM »

yea!!!!!!!
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2005, 09:10:07 PM »

This was obviously useless. I just read John's four days old personal message where he asked me to join.

Thanks!
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2005, 06:33:25 AM »

My proposal for our Europe policy:

Europe is the most important ally of Atlasia and we should continue to build strong partnership within NATO and within other organizations like G8 and WTO. The European integration has positive effect to the world community and Atlasia should encourage it. It's not interest of Atlasia or Europe that one or two countries have too dominate role in the integration process.

The peace process in Balkan has been succesful, but still many major war criminals like Radovan Karazic and Ratko Mladic are hiding. Freedom Party demands that those war criminals should be captured and sentenced.

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2005, 02:57:06 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2005, 11:47:40 PM by John Ford »

Europe is the most important ally of Atlasia and we should continue to build strong partnership within NATO and within other organizations like G8 and WTO. The European integration has positive effect to the world community and Atlasia should encourage it. It's not interest of Atlasia or Europe that one or two countries have too dominate role in the integration process.

The peace process in Balkan has been succesful, but still many major war criminals like Radovan Karazic and Ratko Mladic are hiding. Freedom Party demands that those war criminals should be captured and sentenced.

We should add something about the Balkans, now that you mention it.  I'll wait on everyone's comments one the platform changes you suggest before we make anything official.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2005, 05:55:57 PM »

Sounds good to me so far...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2005, 02:11:59 PM »

Here we go... Wink

I think me and Huck could fight over Europe endlessly. Smiley

I agree with the thing oin the Balkans and NATO. Unsure on most important ally status, but could accept it. Definitely against the part on European integration. Wink
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2005, 05:47:23 PM »

Europe is the most important ally of Atlasia and we should continue to build strong partnership within NATO and within other organizations like G8 and WTO. The European integration has positive effect to the world community and Atlasia should encourage it. It's not an interest of Atlasia or Europe that one or two countries have too dominate role in the integration process.

Here we go... Wink

I think me and Huck could fight over Europe endlessly. Smiley

I agree with the thing oin the Balkans and NATO. Unsure on most important ally status, but could accept it. Definitely against the part on European integration. Wink
OK. Smiley How about that:

"The co-operation of European countries has a positive effect to the world community. It's not an interest of Atlasia or Europe that one or two countries have a too dominate role in the process."
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2005, 08:33:24 PM »

How bout this?

Europe- A European Superstate dominated by France and Germany is not in America's interests.  Nor is it in Europe's interests.  An economically integrated Europe that favors no one nation, but rather opens European markets to international commerce should be the goal.  European protectionism hurts American businesses and the third world, and it should be ended.  If Europe continues its unfair trade practices, we will work through the WTO to bring about an end to this practice.  The Peace Process in the Balkans has been effective, but we need a more vigorous effort to locate and bring to justice the war criminals like Radko Mladic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies