Legal advice... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:39:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legal advice... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legal advice...  (Read 538 times)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« on: August 23, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »

I am fried from work, but yes I believe you are correct.  First, in my opinion, US Court law is still precedence, although in many areas, Atlasia has diverted from it.  Roe would not be one.  When it comes to Roe, the decision was based upon the overall "penumbra of privacy" that gave an inherent right to privacy.  It was a number of rights guaranteed to citizens that led to the decision, including the ones you mentioned, as well as many others (my favorite being the 3rd against quatering of soldiers).  We have almost all of them, if not all of them, but I could be wrong.  So if our Court accepts that argument (which I think they will), Roe would be upheld on the same reasons.

I can help out more starting Friday, but now am just too tired to really think.  Your question would require some thinking and research which I can do right now.  I would be interested in Marokai's or Badgers comments.  More important would be the Supreme Court, but they wouldn't comment on a legal issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies