Puerto Rico (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:43:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Puerto Rico (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Puerto Rico  (Read 14810 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: March 25, 2004, 03:54:39 PM »

I support PR statehood as I believe that it would actually be quite competitive politically, unlike DC.  The PNP would eventually fold into the GOP and the PPD with the Democrats and you'd probably see either a 50-50 split or perhaps a slight Democratic advantage.  I could see the language barrier becoming a huge issue though.

You support it BECAUSE it would be competitive? You Americans really are cynical when it comes to politics...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 01:25:44 PM »

We have to be... otherwise we'd end up with the political diversity of Sweden Smiley

I support PR statehood as I believe that it would actually be quite competitive politically, unlike DC.  The PNP would eventually fold into the GOP and the PPD with the Democrats and you'd probably see either a 50-50 split or perhaps a slight Democratic advantage.  I could see the language barrier becoming a huge issue though.

You support it BECAUSE it would be competitive? You Americans really are cynical when it comes to politics...

Ouch... Sad It's true though that due to the relative honesty of our politicians we have been kind of naive in the past... Sad

We don't really have those electoral problems though, our system can't be messed with the way yours can, so we don't have gerrymandering and stuff like that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies