AtlasiaNow Media Center
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  AtlasiaNow Media Center
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AtlasiaNow Media Center  (Read 1339 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:44:43 PM »

News. Blogging. Polling. Analysis.

We are bringing to you AtlasiaNow News Updates, ProgressiveAtlasia blogs and editorials, AskAtlasia Research Polling and Current Events with our analysis and discussion panel. All can be found here in the AtlasiaNow Media Center. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »

Interesting. I hope you actually can stick with it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2011, 07:01:05 PM by Napoleon »

AtlasiaNow News Update
7:37 PM August 01, 2011

Nathan Wins Northeast Special Election

In the first election held under Governor Winfield's groundbreaking electoral reform law signed last week, Jesus Christ Party candidate Nathan comes out on top for the party's second consecutive victory in the region. Nathan's election comes at a time when it is likely that the Northeast Assembly will begin considering a revamp of the region's Constitution based off of a proposal by Senator Napoleon released less than a week ago. We wish Nathan the best of luck in his position and are glad to see that the election proceeded normally under the new ballot editing law.

President Polnut, Senate Clash Over Afghanistan and Iraq Wars

The bill, proposed by Senator Napoleon of the Northeast, that seeks to create an exit plan for the Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya Wars within 90 days has been met with resistance. A motion to table the End to Imperialism Act brought by Senator Antonio V was soundly defeated. The bill, which originally intended for troops to come home within 30 days, has been amended to allow for 90 days. While the bill is favored to pass the Senate, President Polnut has been standing his ground, threatening to veto the bill that conflicts with his announced exit plan. Secretary of External Affairs Ben has warned that the proposal would "radically damage our foreign policy". Many foreign policy experts on both the right and the left of the political spectrum have stated that it is our mistakes abroad that do more to damage our foreign policy than anything else.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »

Many foreign policy experts on both the right and the left of the political spectrum have stated that it is our mistakes abroad that do more to damage our foreign policy than anything else.

A hasty withdrawal would only damage us more.  Withdrawing would, first of all, signify that we no longer have the capabilities to fulfill our commitments, which damages our credibility with our allies.  But more importantly, we show that we will only help people for so long.  Nothing could be more harmful to us long term than to tell people that our support isn’t everlasting, especially when the situation is improving.

I agree that we should be selective about where we get involved.  But once we’re in, we’re in.  We cannot withdraw from something once we’ve committed.  That is what’s dangerous.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:11:51 PM »

AtlasiaNow News Update
12:08 AM August 04, 2011

Northeast Wants Government Away from Alcohol; Mideast Wants to Ban Marijuana

Highlighting the vast cultural divide between the more liberal Northeast and the more conservative Mideast, legislators in each region are considering reforming drug policies. The Northeast Assembly is engulfed in a lively debate over reforming the region's alcohol laws and auctioning off the remaining government-owned liquor stores in a bill sponsored by Senator Napoleon and former Vice President Dallasfan65. The proposal has been met with widespread support, leaving the debate largely to minor details as the Assembly and Governor Winfield look to amend the Senator's original bill to change the age of purchase from 16 to 18. In the Mideast region, a different type of reform is occurring, where Assembly newcomer and one-time Senate-designate ZuWo looks to implement tough regulations that restrict marijuana use even in all but the most severe medical cases. Labeling marijuana "damaging to the psyche", the bill has attracted support and opposition both. AtlasiaNow is unsure if the bill will succeed, with even some conservative members coming out against it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 09:40:17 PM »

AtlasiaNow News Update
10:40 PM August 21, 2011

August Senate Election Draws to Close
AtlasiaNow is projecting Senators Snowguy, Duke, and Jbrase have been re-elected and that BRTD and Homelycooking will join them in the upcoming session.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »

AtlasiaNow News Update
10:40 PM August 21, 2011

August Senate Election Draws to Close
AtlasiaNow is projecting Senators Snowguy, Duke, and Jbrase have been re-elected and that BRTD and Homelycooking will join them in the upcoming session.

I don't think it's feasible for Shua to win a seat in the election, but it's still within reach for Ben. If a few more votes come in for him, or some other votes for Snowguy or Duke break heavily in second preferences for Jbrase, I could lose, though it's an unlikely prospect. As it stands now, Jbrase, myself and Ben are running neck-and-neck in first preferences, although Jbrase and I have a definite advantage in second/third preferences.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 10:00:38 PM »

I see at least two Ben votes that will be disqualified.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 10:07:29 PM »

Which ones? HappyWarrior and AndrewCT?

As it stands now, Shua will be eliminated after Snowguy and Duke surpluses are redistributed. Shua's voters overwhelmingly second-preferenced Jbrase, guaranteeing his election. Redistributing Jbrase's surplus from there will, in turn, shift a lot of votes to my column and lead to my election. Ben needs to get closer to the quota (about 4 more first preferences) to defeat me.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 10:16:32 PM »

Yes those two. It seemed like Chicago politics for a minute. I think there is a better chance of shua passing Ben in first preferences than Ben passing Jbrase. There is 45 minutes left but I will be shocked if things change much. Definitely not as exciting as my last election though both Ben and shua put up a great fight.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 01:48:09 PM »

No, my votes will be valid and counted for. Want to know why? Because I'm AndrewCT, hands down THE MOST adorable member on the Atlas, other than Mr. Moderate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 02:21:06 PM »

Welcome back I was tiring of feeling like the oldest guy in the room!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 02:49:42 PM »

Now taking requests and suggestions for regional match up polling. Post below or PM me through tomorrow.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »

Now that sounds slightly unoriginal but a poll on the NE Senate race would be interesting since the NE is the most competitive region.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 05:35:33 PM »

Eh, its okay being back. Now we have the most smarterest person of CT politics historyies here!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 06:12:02 PM »

Eh, its okay being back. Now we have the most smarterest person of CT politics historyies here!

Homelycooking never left! Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 02:42:42 PM »

Homelycooking never left! Wink

Hush your mouth.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies