A solution to the D4 mess...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:02:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A solution to the D4 mess...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A solution to the D4 mess...  (Read 1662 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 07:26:09 PM »

Well, in all fairness, Keystone's point is that if you conceded, then Demo Hawk would probably drop any challenge that he may otherwise make. So he's saying that you should concede and thus attempt to convince Demo Hawk not to challenge the result.

Thank you, Nym! Every day that passes without Harry giving a concession statement, it only makes this worse.

Correct, though as inauguration day isn't until January 7, I don't see we need to be in a terrible hurry. I say give Democratic Hawk until Friday at midnight to make a statement that he wishes to challenge it to the Court. If he hasn't by then, I would support Harry conceding. One week after the election is enough time to initiate an official challenge.

But why would Democratic Hawk challenge it to the Court? He deleted his post. It's obvious that he didn't want it included.
That's not true at all....you're obviously making that up because I'm sure you haven't spoken with him about it...He told me that he wants to challenge the vote, and I'm going to give him time to do it and not abandon it.
He deleted because he was planning on revoting and didn't know the polls had already closed.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 07:30:12 PM »

Well, in all fairness, Keystone's point is that if you conceded, then Demo Hawk would probably drop any challenge that he may otherwise make. So he's saying that you should concede and thus attempt to convince Demo Hawk not to challenge the result.

Thank you, Nym! Every day that passes without Harry giving a concession statement, it only makes this worse.

Correct, though as inauguration day isn't until January 7, I don't see we need to be in a terrible hurry. I say give Democratic Hawk until Friday at midnight to make a statement that he wishes to challenge it to the Court. If he hasn't by then, I would support Harry conceding. One week after the election is enough time to initiate an official challenge.

But why would Democratic Hawk challenge it to the Court? He deleted his post. It's obvious that he didn't want it included.
That's not true at all....you're obviously making that up because I'm sure you haven't spoken with him about it...He told me that he wants to challenge the vote, and I'm going to give him time to do it and not abandon it.
He deleted because he was planning on revoting and didn't know the polls had already closed.

Which proves he didn't read the front page which clearly said voting ended at 12:00 AM December 12th, EST.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2004, 07:42:37 PM »

What's there to challenge though? If he deleted his vote without knowing the polls had closed than that's his fault. There is nothing that can be done.

As for me "making up" why Hawk deleted his vote, I was just assuming that he didn't want the controversy to continue as did others. It was about a day after the polls closed when he deleted the vote. I would have never known that someone would actually trying re-voting that late.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies