AFRNC Chair Announcment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 12:52:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  AFRNC Chair Announcment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: AFRNC Chair Announcment  (Read 2998 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2004, 01:51:54 AM »

Tampa, Florida!
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2004, 02:31:15 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2004, 02:36:52 AM by Gubernatorial Candidate, Senator Bono »

What about Denver or Phoenix?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2004, 08:16:54 AM »

How about Alma, Wisconsin?

Nice, small, picturesque(sp?) town in northern Wisconsin on the Mississippi River!
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2004, 12:48:15 PM »

Denver would be good.

Or better yet we could have it in Las Vegas. Gambling, Women, and a Convention. What could be better?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2004, 01:51:28 PM »

I think that is why the GOP went to NYC.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2004, 04:55:09 PM »

I wouldn't mind Richmond as the location.

Look! Convention delegates take a quick break from the convention activities.

That'd be good, on a very windy day.

I can imagine you sinking in a huge wave, flanked by dozens of security guards.

Just joking, Keystone Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2004, 05:03:03 PM »

You might have been joking but it's probably the truth. I've never gone rafting and I could just see myself falling out once I step onto the raft  Smiley

I was just thinking that others who plan on attending the convention would enjoy it. I'd probably find a soccer field and kick the ball around with some of the guards (or delegates that happen to be soccer fans).
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2004, 05:06:47 PM »

Ok, listen all. I WILL NOT put the convention location to a vote. That is ridiculous beyond belief, and could only be an issue here. Normal parties don't subject the location of the convention to a direct vote of the members and neither will I. Ou can try to persuade me, but according to the bylaws, stated in the party's website:

The national chairman will decide when and how the convention will be conducted.

You can try to persuade me, I am open to that. If you don't like my decision, you can try to remove me from the place of chairman at the convention. I'll be ready for a fight. But,a s far as I am in charge of teh destinies of this party, I won't let it be governed by mob rule.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2004, 05:07:20 PM »

You might have been joking but it's probably the truth. I've never gone rafting and I could just see myself falling out once I step onto the raft  Smiley

I was just thinking that others who plan on attending the convention would enjoy it. I'd probably find a soccer field and kick the ball around with some of the guards (or delegates that happen to be soccer fans).

Same here, I'm not a water guy.

What position do you play?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2004, 05:08:47 PM »

Ok, listen all. I WILL NOT put the convention location to a vote. That is ridiculous beyond belief, and could only be an issue here. Normal parties don't subject the location of the convention to a direct vote of the members and neither will I. Ou can try to persuade me, but according to the bylaws, stated in the party's website:

The national chairman will decide when and how the convention will be conducted.

You can try to persuade me, I am open to that. If you don't like my decision, you can try to remove me from the place of chairman at the convention. I'll be ready for a fight. But,a s far as I am in charge of teh destinies of this party, I won't let it be governed by mob rule.

Bono, you are supposed to be an advocate of civil rights and democracy yet you enslave your party members to an evil convention in Omaha at the taxpayer's expense?
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2004, 05:11:27 PM »

Detroit!!!!!!!
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2004, 05:12:16 PM »

Bono, you are supposed to be an advocate of civil rights and democracy yet you enslave your party members to an evil convention in Omaha at the taxpayer's expense?

I siad I'm open to persuasion. I'll probabily changing the location to Denver. Everyone loves Denver.
I'm taking a principle stand here. Besides, the convention would be taxpayer expense, regardless of the place where it would be held.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2004, 05:17:55 PM »

Ok, listen all. I WILL NOT put the convention location to a vote. That is ridiculous beyond belief, and could only be an issue here.

Bylaws or not, Democracy is ridiculus beyond belief?

Anyway, I'm glad I'm a Democrat, and that our Convention decision is open to all and every member has an equal say. All I really do is open polls and lead discussion.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2004, 05:20:17 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2004, 05:50:46 PM by Vice President Keystone Phil »

Ok, listen all. I WILL NOT put the convention location to a vote. That is ridiculous beyond belief, and could only be an issue here.

He's just being ridiculous about this. He just wants to make the final decision. I am urging members to push for a vote.

Akno, I am a water person (I enjoy swimming) but when it comes to rafting, I would probably be a disaster Smiley

As for soccer, I played defender and midfield most of the time.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2004, 05:23:47 PM »

He's just being ridiculous about this. He just wants to make the final decision. I am urging members to push for a vote.

Akno, I am a water person (I enjoy swimming) but when it comes to rafting, I would probably be a disaster Smiley

As for soccer, I played defend and midfield most of the time.

Well, although I have no right to comment here and frankly don't care how the AFRNC operates, as long as it's legal, I agree with what you are doing.

Cool, you sound a lot like me in an athletic sense.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2004, 05:24:54 PM »

Anyway, I'm glad I'm a Democrat, and that our Convention decision is open to all and every member has an equal say. All I really do is open polls and lead discussion.

What is ridiculous beyond belief is that this is even an issue.
But, I allways defended that unchecked, limitless democracy is decivilizating.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2004, 05:28:24 PM »

What is ridiculous beyond belief is that this is even an issue.
But, I allways defended that unchecked, limitless democracy is decivilizating.

If you had picked something other than Omaha it would be a smaller issue.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2004, 05:43:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

11 years playing soccer and a few years (forget how much exactly) of baseball. I also played basketball when I was much younger (I'm terrible at that game).

Bono, this being an issue isn't ridiculous. You picked a city that most in the party disagreed with and all we are asking is that it is moved to another location. I think the delegates should have a right to pick what location they think is best. And as Chairman, you should listen and participate in this debate instead of saying "Look, I'm in charge. It says it right there. I'll be picking where we go."
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2004, 05:48:56 PM »

11 years playing soccer and a few years (forget how much exactly) of baseball. I also played basketball when I was much younger (I'm terrible at that game).

I was probably best at baseball, but you can only take so many years of hand stings after hitting in 40 degree weather. This conversation may be more appropriate somewhere else, we have a knack for taking the conversation away from the original topic.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2004, 05:49:49 PM »

I was probably best at baseball, but you can only take so many years of hand stings after hitting in 40 degree weather. This conversation may be more appropriate somewhere else, we have a knack for taking the conversation away from the original topic.

I agree. Sports conversation ends here.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2004, 05:54:31 PM »

I agree. Sports conversation ends here.

Ok, good.

Why don't you re-write the bylaws?
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2004, 07:13:02 PM »

Bono, this being an issue isn't ridiculous. You picked a city that most in the party disagreed with and all we are asking is that it is moved to another location. I think the delegates should have a right to pick what location they think is best. And as Chairman, you should listen and participate in this debate instead of saying "Look, I'm in charge. It says it right there. I'll be picking where we go."

This topic is ridiculous.  The chairman is given the authority to make the decision as to where the convention would be held.  Last time around I chose to put the convention site up for a vote, but I was in no way bound to.  In the interest of time, it is perfectly valid for Bono to be taking this course of action.  You and others who have posted in this thread should not take this so seriously.

Omaho will be just fine.

And BTW, I expect to speak at the convention no matter where it is.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2004, 07:22:11 PM by Vice President Keystone Phil »

Last time around I chose to put the convention site up for a vote, but I was in no way bound to.  In the interest of time, it is perfectly valid for Bono to be taking this course of action.  You and others who have posted in this thread should not take this so seriously.

Omaho will be just fine.

We don't believe Bono is bound to put this up for a vote but several members would like to see it elsewhere. We're not the ones taking it so seriously, Bono is. "I WILL NOT put the convention location to a vote."

And Omaho might be "just fine" but Bono wants it in Omaha! See how the situation changes.  Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2004, 10:44:02 AM »

Bono, I believe that we should put this to vote. Currently the two cities that are being considered are Denver and Richmond. I believe that a vote should be set up to see where the party wants it to be held. While you may have the authority to just pick a location without a vote the people of this party, including the President, Vice President and others, have wanted it moved to other cities. I believe that you should put this to vote Bono.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2004, 03:11:45 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2004, 03:17:21 PM by Gubernatorial Candidate, Senator Bono »

Ok. The convention will be held at the Colorado Convention Center, on Denver, Colorado.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies