The end of the space shuttle marks a retreat in America's ambitions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:39:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The end of the space shuttle marks a retreat in America's ambitions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The end of the space shuttle marks a retreat in America's ambitions  (Read 1796 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: July 22, 2011, 02:28:09 AM »

I find it interesting that the right Purple heart NASA more than the left, even though it's more wasteful fiscally than most entitlement programs.

It's more a question of priorities.  If the national debate weren't tarred by populist outrage over the deficit, I doubt leftists would have much of a problem with funding space exploration programs.  I will admit that I find the perspective being espoused by some of the rightists here to be puzzling.  Space appears to fit into this exclusive category of items that manage to evade any sort of scrutiny in the arena of fiscal responsibility.

As opebo would say, libertarians in particular are "fans of the scifi." They would rather feed their fantasies than starving children.

Can't be too sure that starving children isn't their fantasy.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:32:15 AM »

Hey look, more ignorance about libertarians!

Learn to take a joke, prude.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 02:47:27 AM »

Ignorance is a more insulting word than prude, in addition to being less accurate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies