Teddy's "Quiq Komparison" thread of election results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:04:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Teddy's "Quiq Komparison" thread of election results
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Teddy's "Quiq Komparison" thread of election results  (Read 2118 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »
« edited: July 18, 2011, 06:07:04 PM by Teddy (SoFE) »

Since my website is no longer functional (I stopped paying the bills, because after being the only person in the world to be right, nobody cared, and I realized that if nobody cares when I'm right, that I'd rather keep by being right to myself) I thought it'd be wise for me to share these results here. Here is an example screenshot of data I have for Canada.

Just be aware that this particular screenshot is from a thingy that is from a file that's not been updated since John Howard was the PM of Australia. My newer ones will be of better quality.

It is important to note that this is a Quick Comparison, that means that Social Credit has been separated in a way that makes the most sense now, in the modern era, than it would have been back while it was happening.

A great example of this is that while this file has the new CPC being on the same line as the old PC Party, if I were creating such a file today, I'd likely put the CPC down on the same line as the Reform/Alliance.

I will be doing graphics on these nations; as well as others:

Sweden, Norway, Germany, East Germany, Japan, USA House, USA Senate, Australia House, UK, Israel, Ireland, Northern Ireland.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:50:57 PM »

Newfoundland and Japan, sitting in my computer.

I've done Australia 3 times before, the US 2 times, and all the countries listed at least once; but I never have any place to put this, so, hopefully once I can put this stuff here, it'll be useful to somebody.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 07:33:20 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2011, 07:36:34 AM by Teddy (SoFE) »

NEWFOUNDLAND pre-confederation

Note that Newfoundland's political history is screwy. The FPU, while normally sitting with the Liberals, actually bolted from the party to support Conservatives in government from time to time. In addition the 1885 Liberal leader (who served in that post for quite some time to come) was actually the former Conservative Premier.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »

New Zealand.

Note I only did popular vote though a certain period. After this, NZ had MMP, and prior to it, was a different era of politics.

and Canada, popular vote. (This latter one may need updating)

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/pellaken/usaelect.png?t=1311694830

old file USA
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:52:27 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2011, 08:04:55 AM by Teddy (SoFE) »

SPAIN

Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 08:01:20 AM »

Teddy, the predecessor of CiU, Pujol's Pacte Democratic per Catalunya, won 10 seats in 1977 and the UCiDCC, which included the present-day minor UDC won 2 seats. My files also indicate the UCD won 165, the PCE 20 and others 10.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 08:07:15 AM »

Teddy, the predecessor of CiU, Pujol's Pacte Democratic per Catalunya, won 10 seats in 1977 and the UCiDCC, which included the present-day minor UDC won 2 seats.
Uh... wha? That's kind of confusing
My files also indicate the UCD won 165, the PCE 20 and others 10.
I went by what's on wikipedia. If you can get that edit by them, I'll be glad to update the image!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 08:15:05 AM »
« Edited: September 23, 2011, 08:44:47 AM by Teddy (SoFE) »

Use english names. Wikipedia alternated and confused the hell out of me. Which one is "The Catalonia Party"?

Also, up next, France in the 5th republic. France, going back from present. It seems back in the 60's and 70's some parties would change their name every election. Germany! France is too confusing, too many changing parties, too hard for an easy "comparison". I'll do France eventually, but not this close to me waking up.

All this trying to figure out France has burnt me out. Who knows what is next... it's a surprise!!
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »

Teddy, the predecessor of CiU, Pujol's Pacte Democratic per Catalunya, won 10 seats in 1977 and the UCiDCC, which included the present-day minor UDC won 2 seats.

The curent-day Catalan nationalists are made up of two parties: Pujol's CDC and the smaller UDC. In 1977, most CDC and UDC ran separately from each other, the only time they did so. The CDC, which was unambiguously Catalan nationalist, formed the Democratic Pact for Catalonia and won 10 seats. The UDC, then divided between nationalism and christian democracy, ran with a smaller party in the UDC-IDCC and won 2 seats. The UDC-IDCC was actually the Catalan referant of the broader Spanish Equipo de la Democracia Cristiana (a coalition of 2 Spanish centrist parties, one led by Gil-Robles) which won no seats.

If there is such a thing as a "Catalonia Party", the PDC was that in 1977. As I said it won 10 seats.

Also, you should update your graph showing the seats won by HB and the Canarian parties.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 02:25:30 PM »

The curent-day Catalan nationalists are made up of two parties: Pujol's CDC and the smaller UDC. In 1977, most CDC and UDC ran separately from each other, the only time they did so. The CDC, which was unambiguously Catalan nationalist, formed the Democratic Pact for Catalonia and won 10 seats. The UDC, then divided between nationalism and christian democracy, ran with a smaller party in the UDC-IDCC and won 2 seats. The UDC-IDCC was actually the Catalan referant of the broader Spanish Equipo de la Democracia Cristiana (a coalition of 2 Spanish centrist parties, one led by Gil-Robles) which won no seats.

If there is such a thing as a "Catalonia Party", the PDC was that in 1977. As I said it won 10 seats.

Also, you should update your graph showing the seats won by HB and the Canarian parties.
Oh. Okay I get it. I'll update. As for the HB and Canary parties, I could, but they win too few seats IMO, though, I could I suppose.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies