Fallujah
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:37:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Fallujah
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fallujah  (Read 3797 times)
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2004, 10:23:45 PM »

It is a little surprising to me that it has not entered into the political discussion (post election), that we waited until after 2 Nov to launch the long awaited takeover of Fallujah.  It appears quite likely to me that the administration waited until after the election because we were inevitably going to take many more casualties than we were by waiting.  It could be that we were waiting for legitimate reasons, like cooler weather arriving in November, intelligence of where the key leaders were, tightening the noose around the city, or waiting for our bombing to weaken the insurgents before our attack.

It just seems that the timing of our invasion of Fallujah would have stirred more controvery than it did.  Other than the newsman photographing the Marine shooting the wounded insurgent, there hasn't been much controversy.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 10:31:16 PM »

Boy, this topic has created a truly underwhelming quantity of responses.  Maybe I can come up with a more compelling topic next time.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 11:53:47 PM »

Well, it was political, but it had a large element of Iraqi politics.  It was the US saying to the Iraqi people, "We're going to be here to influence you for a while, if you're not going to behave yourselves.  If you want us out, get with the program."
stry_cat

Political Matrix
E: 6.25, S: -1.38

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 08:01:51 AM »

Boy, this topic has created a truly underwhelming quantity of responses.  Maybe I can come up with a more compelling topic next time.

No point in discussing the obvious.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies