Forum Community Guidelines (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:11:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Forum Community Guidelines (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Forum Community Guidelines  (Read 163524 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: December 30, 2017, 05:44:22 PM »

For the record, here is the policy on oversized signatures announced a few weeks ago on the Atlas board.

It's been three weeks since I solicited suggestions for size limits. Here is my proposal:

1. Signatures must fit within the screen of a tablet in landscape mode - I use an Ellipsis 10 so I'll use that to check signatures.

2. Based on that device, I find that the height must be less than a single image height of 640 at 72 dpi.

3. The width must not cause posting controls to go off screen without using the slide bar. Personally I think that should apply to posts as well since an overly wide image throws off the whole page of the thread.

4. An account warning will be given and a pm sent to the account when a modadmin has been made aware of an oversize signature.

5. Failure to reduce the signature within 24 hours may result in a muted account. This will block the account from posting more oversized signatures on threads.

6. If the signature is fixed on a muted account the owner of the account will have to contact the modadmin to unmute.

My desire is to begin using this by the end of the week. Please post any relevant questions or concerns.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 08:33:42 AM »

There have been some questions about the use of personal messages (pm's) in posts. The Terms of Service are not completely clear, so after some moderator discussion we have come up with this policy based on what is in the Terms of Service.

The Terms of Service forbid posts which are invasive of a person's privacy. This is interpreted to include posting the contents of a pm without the consent of the sender. Moderators may share pm's specifically related to moderating duties in the Moderators Corner (aka the Cave). Users playing games on the Forum may give blanket consent to have pm's specifically related to the game posted on the Forum in threads related to the game. Even with the consent of the sender pm's may not be posted on the Forum if they would violate the Terms of Service by containing material which is "false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law".
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 09:00:34 AM »

Considering the TOS explicitly disavows profane language... has there been a policy change? Because I’ve seen several profane words already today.

Have there been reports of such that were not moderated?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies