The Republican Party is dead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:21:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Republican Party is dead
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Republican Party is dead  (Read 17842 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »
« edited: July 13, 2011, 09:12:05 PM by Randle Patrick McMurphy »

I mean really guys, when polls are showing the Republican Primary voters in Utah don't approve of any candidate other than Just for Men subscriber Mitt Romney you know that your party is dead. D-E-A-D......dead!  It has become increasingly obvious now that the Republican Party should just take the blue pill and be on their way back into the real world.  It has become pretty obvious, thanks to wise and objective political analysts like DS0816 and Pbrower that the Republican Party never really had a chance at survival beyond 2021 to begin with.  The power of evil corporatism was just too much for you guys to resist and the people are responding to Obama's call for a more civil and perfect union.  Because we all know that Obama is just like FDR ONLY BETTER!

So I mean really just throw in the towel, but make sure you do it before you blow your brains.  Your party is so dead you would be better off running as the Anti-Masonic Party.  That way you would at least have a shot of winning Vermont one more time.

Nice knowing you GOP.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 07:33:18 PM »

I kinda wish a Conservative Party and a Progressive Party would form-then we wouldnt have to constantly fight with each other over "Liberal" Republicans and "Conservative" Democrats.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:50:56 PM »

No major party is dead. Parties change. The GOP is changing. Now they are in the "radical" fase, the tea party will take control of the GOP. Then, sane GOPers will realize that if they don't change, they'll die. And they'll make the GOP change.

Look at the dem. party. They were supposed to be dead after Woodrow Wilson. Dixies and and racists (southerners) took the control. But since FDR, dems. abandoned the south little by little. If they hadn't done so, they would be dead right now.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 09:00:09 PM »

I won't believe that it's dead until they nominate a Bachmann and sound just completely out of touch with America in times of obvious economic crisis.

One thing never gets old in America..mainstream wins, radicalism loses.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:06:48 PM »

I kinda wish a Conservative Party and a Progressive Party would form-then we wouldnt have to constantly fight with each other over "Liberal" Republicans and "Conservative" Democrats.
TerroristFistJab
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »

The fact that they are   taking Bachmann's advice on Govt's  potential default over  all  economists on Earth tells you all that you need to now about the GOP in 2011.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »

I mean really guys, when polls are showing the Republican Primary voters in Utah don't approve of any candidate other than Just for Men subscriber Mitt Romney you know that your party is dead. D-E-A-D......dead!  It has become increasingly obvious now that the Republican Party should just take the blue bill and be on their way back into the real world.  It has become pretty obvious, thanks to wise and objective political analysts like DS0816 and Pbrower that the Republican Party never really had a chance at survival beyond 2021 to begin with.  The power of evil corporatism was just too much for you guys to resist and the people are responding to Obama's call for a more civil and perfect union.  Because we all know that Obama is just like FDR ONLY BETTER!

So I mean really just throw in the towel, but make sure you do it before you blow your brains.  Your party is so dead you would be better off running as the Anti-Masonic Party.  That way you would at least have a shot of winning Vermont one more time.

Nice knowing you GOP.

Nice try Reaganite.

Do not try to fill our minds with your laisezz-faire tricks. The Tea Party and their Randian allies have already taken over half of the country, we are well aware that the Birchers and their lap dogs in the Republican Party are on the offensive, with true progressives like the late Richard Nixon only able to watch as Benedict Obama hands over the country piece by piece. The Great Society is already DEAD. Like environmental protections and roads? Then according to Glenn Beck and our new Randian/Bircher/Reagnite/Koch Brothers overlords you are a "cancer" and must be eliminated. If another progressive, like Mitt Romney wins, maybe we can slow down the Bircher assault on the New Deal, but we are inevitably doomed.

Obama is no FDR. Obama is a Koch Brothers asset controlled by the Tea Party, the John Birch Society, and Glenn Beck. He has surrendered to the Tea Birchers on every battle, you know WHY?? Because he is league with them!!1!

Yeah!... what he said.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »

This party needs a beat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 01:03:42 AM »

Yeah, I read this story after 2006 and 2008. Nice ending.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 01:08:33 AM »

LOFINGL at all of the people responding to this seriously.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 01:09:56 AM »

I think he's trying to joke about being a Republican version of LBJ Revivalist.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 05:30:49 AM »

I mean really guys, when polls are showing the Republican Primary voters in Utah don't approve of any candidate other than Just for Men subscriber Mitt Romney you know that your party is dead.

Mitt Romney is not amused.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 07:41:06 AM »

People said the Democrats was dead after Hoover became President and they came back. Parties don't change, they adapt to the changing environments.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 07:44:44 AM »

Mechaman still owns.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 09:28:36 AM »

This isn't even that odd for the recent GOP.  They go native during the early primaries, and then, when the adults who have other things to do than worry about politics start to get interested in the campaigns, they shift hard to the center and choose an adult.
Jacobtm

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 12:11:16 PM »

The Democrats appeard dead in 2004, after a weak crop of candidates let George Bush, a verifiable disaster, win re-election.

There were editorials written about Democrats being a permanent minority party, about needing to take a harsher stance against Republicans and the need to develop a strong identity as a minority party.

2 years later they took congress. 2 years later they elected the first black President, who won with the biggest margin in 20 years.

Parties fortunes can change quickly based on their Presidential candidates, and how the party in power behaves. Parties in power always  up, leaving room for opposition. And Presidential elections have always been very much personal competitions. A good Presidential candidate cna win even if the national mood is against his party.

Republicans are not dead. They are about to secure a huge cut in social programs without agreeing to any significant tax increases. They are still directing policy, even though their Presidential candidates are lame.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »

The Democrats appeard dead in 2004, after a weak crop of candidates let George Bush, a verifiable disaster, win re-election.

Only to those who knew absolutely nothing about politics.

How anyone could argue otherwise -- especially when the GOP holds the House and is the favorite to keep it in 2012 -- is beyond me.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »

My are you guys naive fools.

The GOP is clearly deader than Disco.  The GOP is so dead and buried that a winning GOP candidate is harder to find these days than Jimmy Hoffa.  The GOP's life support is running out so quick that not even Zombie Reagan could save them.  The inevitable and unstoppable age wave will crush the GOP at every turn over the next decade.  The longer the Grand Old Fart Party stays around the more of a likelihood that the Republican National Convention of 2020 will resemble a political Hiroshima.

So keep crying while you still can.........Bush**tes
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 02:58:47 PM »

2 years later they took congress. 2 years later they elected the first black President, who won with the biggest margin in 20 years.

Yes, but they didn't get to implement any policies that would be different from the Republicans.  It is the Democrats which are dead, and have been for 30 years.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 09:32:04 PM »

Yes, but they didn't get to implement any policies that would be different from the Republicans.  It is the Democrats which are dead, and have been for 30 years.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Especially when all they had to do to let the Bush tax cuts expire was nothing.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »

I think the next five years or so are going to get mighty interesting in American politics. I see the Republicans coming to the center abandoning the conservatives and many right-libertarians. The Dems will continue their leftward journey into a social democrat party of sorts.

Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 11:14:32 PM »

I think the next five years or so are going to get mighty interesting in American politics. I see the Republicans coming to the center abandoning the conservatives and many right-libertarians.

Um.. what indications do you get of that happening?  It seems like we're falling for right-libertarianism hook line and sinker.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 12:09:47 AM »

nice troll thread.

Seriously though, the political theater has been particularly lame lately. We have a problem that neither party can even come close to solving, because they're both invested in perpetuating the current way of doing things. The "recovery" is going to be brutal.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 12:40:14 AM »

LOFINGL at all of the people responding to this seriously.

Yeah really, you'd think more people on here would be able to recognise obvious sarcasm when it slaps them in the face. Guess not.

Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »

A generic Republican candidate now beats Obama 47% to 39% (Gallup Poll). I know it's early, and I'm not extrapolating this to 2012 just yet, but it does show that the GOP is far from dead.

I hate over reactionary posts like this.

In 2008 the Republican party was deemed dead. Look what happened in 2010. Dead? Yeah, ok.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies