SENATE BILL: Senate Vacancy Regional Flexibility Amendment (Passed to Regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:35:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Senate Vacancy Regional Flexibility Amendment (Passed to Regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Senate Vacancy Regional Flexibility Amendment (Passed to Regions)  (Read 1711 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: July 10, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »

Currently if there is a vacancy in a regional Senate seat, our constitution requires the seat be filled by appointment by the governor.  I do not see the need for this. It is neither democratic nor regionalist. If a region decides they want to fill the vacancy by a special election, as I would prefer, they should be able to do this. If on the other hand, the region wants a vacancy to be filled by the governor or by the assembly, I would like to leave this option open to them as well. Or, there might be a combination of these based on when the vacancy occurs, as exists for at-large Senate seats.  Each region would be able to decide how to go about it, and the discussions each region has about it, and the diversity of solutions, will make Atlasia more interesting.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 03:00:37 AM »

Ideally I'd prefer we not even privilege one approach over another if possible, but I do see some sense in leaving a default in case a vacancy arises before the region can establish its own process. 
I'll accept bgwah's amendment as friendly.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »

sure, that's fine by me.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal