Confirmation Hearing: Tmthforu94 for GTO Ambassador (Nominee Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:45:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Tmthforu94 for GTO Ambassador (Nominee Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Tmthforu94 for GTO Ambassador (Nominee Confirmed)  (Read 2062 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: July 07, 2011, 09:17:21 AM »

First off, I'd like to thank SoEA Benconstine and President Polnut for recommending me to this position.

I'll be honest, this position hasn't lived up to my expectations when it was originally created, and that disappoints me. I know many are considering cutting this position, and I even considered it myself as President. My hopes in this position is to not only be "GTO Ambassador" but to be somewhat of an assistant to Ben, helping him draft and smooth over stories. The federal government currently has several issues that need to be resolved - Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya. Just as Lief gave feedback when my administration was discussing possible solutions, I want to play that same role in this administration, helping Ben, Polnut, and the rest of the administration in any way I can finding solutions to our problems.

If there's one thing I hope to be able to accomplish as GTO Ambassador, it would be to help raise awareness on foreign policy, as I think it hasn't reached the level of relevance I would like for it to. SoEA Benconstine and I see eye to eye on that issue, and I'm confident we'd make a great team.

I look forward to any questions/comments/concerns the Senate may have.

Thank you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 09:35:38 AM »

There's been very little information about what the GTO is, what it does, and what countries are involved. One might even say that for purposes of the game, right now the GTO does not exist.
Can anything be done about this?
Yes. As GTO Ambassador, one of the first things I'd like to do is actually create a Wiki page for the GTO, and expand on the current page as GTO Ambassador. My long experience in the Wiki should help me in that regards. I will also dedicate the first page of my office to serve as somewhat of an overview for what the position is and what it does. I would agree with your assessment that right now, the GTO has no meaning in the game, other than the fact an office was bombed several months ago. I hope to work with Benconstine to give it some meaning and help Atlasians actually understand what it is.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 12:31:39 AM »

My hope is that all Senators are okay with my confirmation, considering only one Senator has bothered to say anything here.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:52:28 AM »

I'm not a criminal. This entire ordeal has been blown way out of proportion, and lies have been spread by multiple people. Anyone continuing to accuse me of such is simply spreading information they cannot back up.

If anyone has serious questions for me regarding my nomination for GTO Ambassador, I'd be more than happy to answer them.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:47:19 AM »

It's unfortunate the extended questioning was not put to good use.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:03 AM »

I thank the Senate for it's confidence in me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies