Confirmation Hearing: Tmthforu94 for GTO Ambassador (Nominee Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:50:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Tmthforu94 for GTO Ambassador (Nominee Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Tmthforu94 for GTO Ambassador (Nominee Confirmed)  (Read 2114 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: July 07, 2011, 09:06:38 AM »
« edited: July 14, 2011, 07:17:04 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut has approved the recommendation of the Secretary of External Affairs and nominates former President Tmth as GTO Ambassador.

Rules on Confirmation Hearings
Senators have 72 hours to question the nominee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 06:46:39 AM »

Three hours till time expires.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 10:40:49 AM »

Are you kidding me?

I move to extend the debate a further 48 hours under Article 6, Section 2, part #4 of the official senate rules.

No, Snowguy, I kid not. The President has made his nomination, it is our job to debate and vote on the nominee as proscribed by our procedures. We can't simply just sit here and ignore the procedures because a Senator(s) doesn't like the nominee. If such is the case then they are free to vote no on confirmation. If a majority vote no, then the nomination is blocked. If yes, he will be confirmed. It is as simple and straight forward as that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 10:42:02 AM »

The motion for an injunction and its subsequent second are duly noted and debate time shall be extended for 48 hours.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 11:05:48 AM »

Are you kidding me?

I move to extend the debate a further 48 hours under Article 6, Section 2, part #4 of the official senate rules.

No, Snowguy, I kid not. The President has made his nomination, it is our job to debate and vote on the nominee as proscribed by our procedures. We can't simply just sit here and ignore the procedures because a Senator(s) doesn't like the nominee. If such is the case then they are free to vote no on confirmation. If a majority vote no, then the nomination is blocked. If yes, he will be confirmed. It is as simple and straight forward as that.

I'm not ready to vote yet.  I'd like to talk to the president about this nomination to understand his reasoning behind this particular choice.  I think there should be another 2 days of debate.  It is my right to request that extra debate time as long as another senator seconds me. 

Just trying to ram through confirmations is what can cause gridlock and a lack of activity in Atlasia.  Just because Tmth might be able to do the duties of ambassador to the GTO doesn't mean he should be confirmed for it.  I wouldn't let a known criminal mow my lawn just because they can do it.

I wasn't referring to the request for an extention of time which you can see I have made dispostions regarding such procedure wise. I was responding to the "are you kidding" comment. Which seemed to be questioning why I was just simply proceeding as proscribed by the OSPR. I also didn't limit the grounds on which it is reasonable to oppose a nominee, which your present post seems to infer about my previous post responding your post.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 07:17:14 AM »

Extended questioning time has now expired and a final vote on confirmation is commencing. Senators, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 07:14:48 AM »

Aye

Final vote on confirmation of Fmr. President Tmthforu94 to be GTO Ambassador:

Aye (6): AHDuke99, Antonio V, fuzzybigfoot, NC Yankee, officepark, and shua.
Nay (1): Napoleon
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (2): bgwah and Snowguy716

The nominee has been confirmed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies