Confirmation Hearing: Tmthforu94 for GTO Ambassador (Nominee Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:45:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Tmthforu94 for GTO Ambassador (Nominee Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Tmthforu94 for GTO Ambassador (Nominee Confirmed)  (Read 2103 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: July 10, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »

Are you kidding me?

I move to extend the debate a further 48 hours under Article 6, Section 2, part #4 of the official senate rules.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:08:58 AM »

I move to extend the debate a further 48 hours under Article 6, Section 2, part #4 of the official senate rules.

Is there a reason you haven't asked a question in the three days since the hearing started?  Or are you just trying to filibuster this nominee?

What's to ask?  Other than maybe "How will your election fraud crime and your uncanny ability to manipulate others through threats and blackmail benefit Atlasia in the capacity of GTO ambassador?"

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:00:22 AM »

Are you kidding me?

No, Snowguy, I kid not. The President has made his nomination, it is our job to debate and vote on the nominee as proscribed by our procedures. We can't simply just sit here and ignore the procedures because a Senator(s) doesn't like the nominee. If such is the case then they are free to vote no on confirmation. If a majority vote no, then the nomination is blocked. If yes, he will be confirmed. It is as simple and straight forward as that.

I'm not ready to vote yet.  I'd like to talk to the president about this nomination to understand his reasoning behind this particular choice.  I think there should be another 2 days of debate.  It is my right to request that extra debate time as long as another senator seconds me. 

Just trying to ram through confirmations is what can cause gridlock and a lack of activity in Atlasia.  Just because Tmth might be able to do the duties of ambassador to the GTO doesn't mean he should be confirmed for it.  I wouldn't let a known criminal mow my lawn just because they can do it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies