Can somebody tell me...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:54:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Can somebody tell me...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can somebody tell me...  (Read 9793 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 11, 2004, 06:15:34 AM »

Why did John Kerry (You know, that guy from MA :-D ) go to Iowa, and why is he planning on going to Iraq? I think he will run in 2008 (HE WON'T BE NOMINATED) but, why is he doing all of this now?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 01:45:22 PM »

Why did John Kerry (You know, that guy from MA :-D ) go to Iowa, and why is he planning on going to Iraq? I think he will run in 2008 (HE WON'T BE NOMINATED) but, why is he doing all of this now?

Iraq -- Well, he is a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.  Other Senators have made the same trip including Jack Reed, Hillary Clinton, Jim Bunning, Zell Miller, etc.

Iowa -- Yeah, it could be some early campaigning.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 04:56:48 AM »

He should have gone to Iraq during the 2004 campaign.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 01:55:12 PM »

Yes

Dave
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 02:50:53 PM »

Not after getting nominated, before hand yes! I suggested as much Smiley

On his visit to Iraq now i doubt thats of much importance outside of his job as a senator, on Iowa Bradley went on several trips to Iowa and New Hampshire after 2000 as did Gore, that said Kerry will certianly think about a second run in 2008, like in 1972 with HH he wont win but i doubt he will get hammered, if she runs Clinton runs the risk of a real disaster forcing her out early on (PERHAPS!), I still expect Bayh to run and stand a good chance of winning esspecially if Warner doesn't and i expect Warner not to and run for the Senate instead.     
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 11:49:25 AM »

He could be going to Iowa to repay favors or pay homage to the supporters that he'd had there since before the '04 primaries.  Politicians don't always have to do things for opportunistic reasons, though I'd be plenty suspicious of Kerry Smiley
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 01:35:29 AM »

Even if he doesn't use his organization there for himself in 08, it's still a useful thing to have politically.  He can endorse another candidate and give them some of his ground-game and whatnot in exchange for a position in the administration or something.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 03:21:59 AM »

Iraq -- Well, he is a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. 

He is?  The record doesn't seem to show it.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 03:57:58 AM »

He is? The record doesn't seem to show it.

As in, his support of the Apache Helicopter, AEGIS Ships, Bradley Fighting Vehicles, Blackhawk Helicopters, B-2 Bomber, C-17 Cargo Jets, F/A-18 Fighter Jets, F-16 Fighter Jets, Tomahawk Missiles, C-130 Cargo Jets, and Patriot Missile System?

Or maybe his vote for the $21 million increase in Defense spending in the 2003 budget. (including $71.5 billion for procurement programs such as $4 billion for the Air Force's F-22 fighter jets, $3.5 billion for the Joint Strike Fighter and $279.3 million for an E-8C Joint Stars (JSTARS) aircraft, a 4.1% pay increase for military personnel, $160 million for the B-1 Bomber Defense System Upgrade, $1.5 billion for a new attack submarine, more than $630 million for Army and Navy variants of the Blackhawk helicopter, $3.2 billion for additional C-17 transports, $900 million for R&D of the Comanche helicopter and more than $800 million for Trident Submarine conversion).
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 04:00:52 AM »

He is? The record doesn't seem to show it.

As in, his support of the Apache Helicopter, AEGIS Ships, Bradley Fighting Vehicles, Blackhawk Helicopters, B-2 Bomber, C-17 Cargo Jets, F/A-18 Fighter Jets, F-16 Fighter Jets, Tomahawk Missiles, C-130 Cargo Jets, and Patriot Missile System?

Or maybe his vote for the $21 million increase in Defense spending in the 2003 budget. (including $71.5 billion for procurement programs such as $4 billion for the Air Force's F-22 fighter jets, $3.5 billion for the Joint Strike Fighter and $279.3 million for an E-8C Joint Stars (JSTARS) aircraft, a 4.1% pay increase for military personnel, $160 million for the B-1 Bomber Defense System Upgrade, $1.5 billion for a new attack submarine, more than $630 million for Army and Navy variants of the Blackhawk helicopter, $3.2 billion for additional C-17 transports, $900 million for R&D of the Comanche helicopter and more than $800 million for Trident Submarine conversion).

I thought that the record showed that he was against those things, but no matter as it was merely a joke anyway and I could care less about Kerry anymore.  Time to think about the future, not dweal on the past.
Jorge Estrada
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 02:15:42 PM »

He is?  The record doesn't seem to show it.

Holy crap!  Someone has to agree all the time with the archconservatives to be on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee!?!?  No way!
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 11:45:15 PM »

thats how it should be of course
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

He is doing the right thing and thanking his supporters in Iowa, who got hm the nomination. If he didn't win Iowa, he wouldn't have been nominated; it's as simple as that. I'm sure he was thanking Mrs. Vilsack very very strongly Smiley
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 08:12:46 AM »

He is doing the right thing and thanking his supporters in Iowa, who got hm the nomination. If he didn't win Iowa, he wouldn't have been nominated; it's as simple as that. I'm sure he was thanking Mrs. Vilsack very very strongly Smiley

It's ironic that Iowa voted Bush. It nominated Kerry, then rejected him.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 08:01:58 PM »

It's ironic that Iowa voted Bush. It nominated Kerry, then rejected him.

Well...the Iowa Democrats nominated him, and the people of Iowa rejected him, to be exact.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies