Office of Northeast Governor Winfield
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:13:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Northeast Governor Winfield
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Office of Northeast Governor Winfield  (Read 5480 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2011, 12:10:55 PM »

Welcome to the office of Northeast Governor Winfield.

This office comes as much of a surprise to me as to anyone else.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions, comments, discussion, etc.

Thank you.

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:44:19 PM »

Question: Will you be serving a full term? Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:39:52 PM »

Given the events in the Northeast over the last few days, that is a very good question. 

But the answer to your question is yes, I will most definitely be serving a full term as Northeast Governor.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:45:15 AM »

I realize you guys in the NE have been put through hell these past few days, but I beleive the ratification booth for the No More Holiday Elections amendment has yet to be created. If this is not the case, I apologize. See this for details.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 11:14:17 PM »

Governor,

The "The Crime is What Actually Matters Act" awaits your signature or veto.

quote]The Crime Is What Actually Matters Act

Clause 2 of the Amendments to the Northeast Gun Safety Act is repealed.[/quote]

Also, the vote on the "Write-in Votes Act" ended in a tie. It is up to you to break it, in your role as Acting Lieutenant Governor.

Thank you,
Speaker homelycooking
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 12:52:46 AM »

A signing ceremony takes place in the Governor's office, given the fact this is the first piece of legislation passed by the current Northeast Assembly.

Governor Winfield, surrounded by the members of the Northeast Assembly, formally signs The Crime Is What Actually Matters Act into law. 

The Crime Is What Actually Matters Act

Northeast Governor Winfield
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 08:28:08 PM »

Natural Beauty Preservation Act

As amended

Is hereby signed into law

Governor Winfield

The sponsor of the bill, Senator Napoleon, is in attendance for the signing, and Governor Winfield presents the signing pen to Senator Napoleon as a momento of the occasion.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 08:55:08 PM »

Thank you Governor. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 10:47:21 PM »

A special announcement from the office of Northeast Governor Winfield.

Governor Winfield is seated in the conference area of the office with Dallasfan seated to his right.

I would like to thank the Northeast Assembly for forwarding for my consideration two excellent nominees for the office of Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast, Senator Napoleon and former Vice President Dallasfan.

I am very pleased to announce the appointment of Dallasfan65 as the new Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast.  Senator Napoleon will be continuing his excellent work representing the Northeast Region in the Atlasian Senate.

Dallasfan brings with him into the office of Lieutenant Governor a record of experience and service.  I look forward to working with Dallasfan in moving forth the best interests of the Northeast Region. 
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 03:06:09 PM »

I must thank the Northeast Assembly and Governor Winfield for looking past the current charges I shall be facing.

For me, the road ahead is murky and uncertain. I may be with you for a very short time.

For the Northeast, however, I have high hopes. The strongest steels are forged from the hottest fires, and while the future may look bleak to some of our greener members, I believe I have the insight needed to see that we are on the upswing, regardless of what pace we may be going.

We have a competent and active Governor, a Speaker dedicated to reform, and many promising members in the Assembly. I have known Winfield for quite some time, but have not yet had the pleasure to serve with him in regional government. That changes today.

To those of you who are uneasy or hopeless about the Northeast's future, all I have to say is "We'll get there. It will take time, but we shall get there."

I have indeed flirted with abolishing the Lieutenant Governorship in the past. Regardless of my personal biases, I will do my best to try and restore a sense of purpose and honor to the office, for however short of a time I may be permitted to hold it.

Dave bless the Northeast.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 10:18:29 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2011, 10:33:58 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

I am pleased to announce the appointment of Simfan34 as the new Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast Region.

Simfan34 is capable and knowledgeable and I look forward to working with him in advancing the interests of the Northeast Region.

Lieutenant Governor.....  
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 11:53:19 PM »

Mr. Governor, thank you. I realize that a number of tumultuous events have occurred in our region as of late, and it is my intention to rise above them.

We, as my predecessor said, have what I believe to be the most capable leadership of any region in Atlasia and I look forward to working closely with our leadership and my party.

With regards,
Lt. Governor Simfan34

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 07:41:52 AM »

A pleasure to meet you, Lt. Governor. Best of luck in your new job - let me know if I could be of service to you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 11:21:13 PM »

Northeast Wiki Reform Act

Hereby signed into law

Governor Winfield
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 11:34:50 PM »

A pleasure to meet you, Lt. Governor. Best of luck in your new job - let me know if I could be of service to you.

Many thanks.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 08:00:25 PM »

Governor Winfield, there is a vacant Assembly seat (redcommander). A special election will need to be called to fill the vacancy.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »

Vote Sanctity Act

Hereby signed into law

Governor Winfield
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »

Governor, it has been over one month since CJO Cinyc has posted on the forum. Do we need to declare that office vacant and look for a replacement?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 10:14:20 PM »

Governor, it has been over one month since CJO Cinyc has posted on the forum. Do we need to declare that office vacant and look for a replacement?

According to the constitution when the office of CJO becomes vacant the Governor is to appoint another CJO within one month.  So by extension, if the CJO has not been active in more than a month, this can be interpreted, in my view, that the office is therefore vacant, and must be replaced.

If anyone disagrees with this interpretation, please let us know in this thread, so we can resolve it.

But I shall try to contact CJO Cynic by PM before I declare the office vacant and look for a replacement.

By the way, I would like to present to the Assembly the following for revision from the constitution.

Where it states charged to hold trials for the convicted, should state for the accused, as one should not be convicted until found guilty.     

iii) The Chief Judicial Officer is to be charged with the duties of interpreting the laws of the Northeast Region and is charged to hold trials for the convicted. If someone submits a case to him or her, then the Chief Judicial Officer must make a ruling on it, giving ample time to hear arguments from any side of the issue. The Chief Judicial Officer’s rulings are to be considered precedent for all future cases.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 11:14:34 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2011, 11:19:58 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

CJO Cinyc has advised me that he will resolve any current issues under his jurisdiction, and then he will be resigning as CJO.

I have expressed that I am sorry to see him leave and have thanked him for all his work.

Therefore, we will need to find a new CJO for the Northeast.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 12:34:28 PM »

Ballot Standardization Act

Hereby signed into law

Governor Winfield
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »

Governor Winfield,

You are invited to speak during our debate over the Vote Sanctity Act. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=139036.0

Governor A-Bob
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »

To my fellow citizens of the Northeast.

After much soul searching and contemplation, I have come to the difficult decision that I will not be a candidate for Governor of the Northeast in the coming election, to be held August 19-21, 2011.   

It has been my honor and privilege to serve the Northeast as Lieutenant Governor and then as Governor over the past term, and as well it has been my honor and privilege to work with such a fine group of individuals as yourselves, the Lieutenant Governor, all the members of the Northeast Assembly, the Chief Judicial Officer, and our regional Senator.

During this session of the Assembly, still ongoing of course, I believe we have been successful as the Northeast government in enacting  worhtwhile and meaningful legislation in moving the Northeast forward.  Of course, we have had our share of controversy, but that is to be expected amongst individuals with varying viewpoints on a variety of issues.  We have had spirited debate in the Assembly, which shows that the members of the Northeast Assembly are passionate about the issues brought forward.  After all, debate is the essence of democracy.                 

I am confident as well that during the remainder of this term, we will continue to work for the betterment of the region.

I would like to thank all of you for your invaluable contributions during this term, and extend to each of you my best wishes for whatever paths you choose to pursue in the future.     
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 09:52:07 PM »

Thank you for your service, Winfield. You have been a fine governor so far and it will be disappointing to not have you on the ballot in the upcoming election.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 12:07:50 PM »

End To Alcohol Control Act

As amended hereby signed into law

Governor Winfield

I am pleased to see the Assembly set the minimum age for the purchase and sale of alcohol at 18, otherwise this bill would have been vetoed.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies