Biden already looking at 2008 run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:06:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Biden already looking at 2008 run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden already looking at 2008 run  (Read 6072 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« on: December 11, 2004, 09:59:42 AM »

He won't get it, he's a fine senator but he just won't inspire voters or democrats enough or even doners (most importantly)... he would do poorly IMHO and get squeezed between the two wings of the party with a more dynamic leftwing champion and a moderate champion gobbling up all the oxygen.   

…but where Biden to run I doubt Kerry would give it a second shot, I still think it’ll end up as Feingold vs Bayh though, with 2-3 peripheral candidates Biden could always be one of them as might Edwards.   
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 07:16:18 PM »

History shows it's Govenors not Senators who win,I doubt Biden could beat that trend

Bayh will, two term govenor, two term senator... solid moderate record as both and from a solidly red state to boot Smiley
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 02:43:02 PM »

History shows it's Govenors not Senators who win,I doubt Biden could beat that trend

Bayh will, two term govenor, two term senator... solid moderate record as both and from a solidly red state to boot Smiley

Sorry, Ben, but that won't happen. Your party is still too liberal and the primary voters are the most liberal of them all. Bayh won't get the nomination. However, if he did, he's one Democrat that I wouldn't mind that much as President.

Wait and see, Many Democrats are desperate (as they where in 1992) and they plumed for the candidate they thought was the most moderate this time, says a lot about the field but that should not detract from the fact that Kerry got the nomination because he was considered the most moderate and electable...

Lieberman’s big problem was that he presented himself in opposition to his own party rather than seeking to be seen as a champion of its values, added to which what else did he bring, he was folksy but dull, despite all his work he seemed slightly insubstantial and geographically he did nothing.

Bayh has a substantial record as both a Governor and Senator from a red state, he also has a populist edge that no doubt we’ll be seeing a lot of from now on, and I expect him to be taking about trade and white collar crime a fair bit. His personal and political narrative is clear and compelling for both democrats and ordinary voters and he will stand a very good chance at getting the nomination… he’d win NH in a walk thanks to the independent voters, I also think that he’d stand a very good chance in IA as well.       
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 07:04:58 AM »

Anybody see Dean the other day on meet the press?

He was quite good, surpirsed really still don't want him as DNC chair but he has mellowed some what it would seem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies