Biden already looking at 2008 run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:36:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Biden already looking at 2008 run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden already looking at 2008 run  (Read 6085 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: December 10, 2004, 03:56:29 PM »

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=2677039&nav=QEMtU4HR

Alittle odd I must say. I guess we have to add Biden's name to list of possible 2008 candidates.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 05:15:53 PM »

Saying things like "I'm just going to act like I'm running now" when Bush hasn't even been sworn in shows that he's pretty interested this time.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 12:11:41 AM »

I, too, like Joe Biden, but we, as Democrats, NEED to understand that running northerners isn't going to win us any southern states.  Period.

Biden has FIRE. He could do well nationally.

Biden has FIRE. Hmmmmm I'd say that he has a bit of Howard Dean in him. When Joe Biden gets angry, look out.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 05:51:24 PM »

On a side note, I think he was the only Senator to speak at Strom Turmound's funeral, which gives him a lot of stature points in my mind.

I am not a fan of Joe Biden but when I saw that video clip of him speaking at Thurmond's funeral I was able to respect him more than I did before.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 07:52:04 PM »

History shows it's Govenors not Senators who win,I doubt Biden could beat that trend

Bayh will, two term govenor, two term senator... solid moderate record as both and from a solidly red state to boot Smiley

Sorry, Ben, but that won't happen. Your party is still too liberal and the primary voters are the most liberal of them all. Bayh won't get the nomination. However, if he did, he's one Democrat that I wouldn't mind that much as President.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 02:25:36 PM »

Biden has much more party respect.  The "Philly tsunami" would be even greater to boot since he is from the 3-6-10 viewing area.  I like Joe Biden and he'd make a fine President.  I would easily back him over Hillary.

I'm not sure that the Philly tsunami would increase because of Biden. It would depend on who the GOP nominates. This year's tsunami was because people really dislike Bush in the city (unfortunatley). I'm not sure that Biden's popularity and/or dislike for the GOP nominee would increase turnout for the Dems.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies