Biden already looking at 2008 run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:42:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Biden already looking at 2008 run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Biden already looking at 2008 run  (Read 6055 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 07:52:04 PM »

History shows it's Govenors not Senators who win,I doubt Biden could beat that trend

Bayh will, two term govenor, two term senator... solid moderate record as both and from a solidly red state to boot Smiley

Sorry, Ben, but that won't happen. Your party is still too liberal and the primary voters are the most liberal of them all. Bayh won't get the nomination. However, if he did, he's one Democrat that I wouldn't mind that much as President.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2004, 02:43:02 PM »

History shows it's Govenors not Senators who win,I doubt Biden could beat that trend

Bayh will, two term govenor, two term senator... solid moderate record as both and from a solidly red state to boot Smiley

Sorry, Ben, but that won't happen. Your party is still too liberal and the primary voters are the most liberal of them all. Bayh won't get the nomination. However, if he did, he's one Democrat that I wouldn't mind that much as President.

Wait and see, Many Democrats are desperate (as they where in 1992) and they plumed for the candidate they thought was the most moderate this time, says a lot about the field but that should not detract from the fact that Kerry got the nomination because he was considered the most moderate and electable...

Lieberman’s big problem was that he presented himself in opposition to his own party rather than seeking to be seen as a champion of its values, added to which what else did he bring, he was folksy but dull, despite all his work he seemed slightly insubstantial and geographically he did nothing.

Bayh has a substantial record as both a Governor and Senator from a red state, he also has a populist edge that no doubt we’ll be seeing a lot of from now on, and I expect him to be taking about trade and white collar crime a fair bit. His personal and political narrative is clear and compelling for both democrats and ordinary voters and he will stand a very good chance at getting the nomination… he’d win NH in a walk thanks to the independent voters, I also think that he’d stand a very good chance in IA as well.       
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2004, 03:34:25 AM »

Biden has much more party respect.  The "Philly tsunami" would be even greater to boot since he is from the 3-6-10 viewing area.  I like Joe Biden and he'd make a fine President.  I would easily back him over Hillary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2004, 02:25:36 PM »

Biden has much more party respect.  The "Philly tsunami" would be even greater to boot since he is from the 3-6-10 viewing area.  I like Joe Biden and he'd make a fine President.  I would easily back him over Hillary.

I'm not sure that the Philly tsunami would increase because of Biden. It would depend on who the GOP nominates. This year's tsunami was because people really dislike Bush in the city (unfortunatley). I'm not sure that Biden's popularity and/or dislike for the GOP nominee would increase turnout for the Dems.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2004, 08:24:45 PM »

Joe Biden plagarized a speech from a British MP when he ran for President in 1988.  You honestly think he's a contender?  Give me a break.  The integrity ads are already in the works.

Regardless, the guy really rankles me when he speaks because he comes off as a stilted, smarmy know-it-all.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2004, 07:04:58 AM »

Anybody see Dean the other day on meet the press?

He was quite good, surpirsed really still don't want him as DNC chair but he has mellowed some what it would seem.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2021, 03:43:38 PM »

I, too, like Joe Biden, but we, as Democrats, NEED to understand that running northerners isn't going to win us any southern states.  Period.

MARIETTA JOE!
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2021, 05:41:54 AM »

These old threads are fascinating, I love seeing what people thought back in 2004
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2021, 10:03:55 PM »

Wow.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies