2011 Canadian election maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:03:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2011 Canadian election maps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: 2011 Canadian election maps  (Read 61093 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2011, 05:07:17 PM »

Due Date for Quebec?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »

The poll above is for PEI.
Quebec has no fixed elections law, so, the election is at the will of Jean Charest.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »

Tommy, I've been working on Newfoundland maps and wondering a bit of the same - I think 14 seats in St John's and surrounds, all represented federally by the NDP. Of course, most are provincially PC >75%, but there's likely potential there.

Regarding PEI, the NDP didn't run in half the seats, which deflates their figures somewhat. I have a spreadsheet with the votes (and votes by poll) on my computer. I could give you their vote just in seats where they ran in about twenty minutes. Won't be substantially higher - they didn't win any seats - but will be higher nonetheless.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2011, 05:25:45 PM »

The poll above is for PEI.
Quebec has no fixed elections law, so, the election is at the will of Jean Charest.

No

(The 506, what is your) Due Date for (the) Quebec (poll maps being finished)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2011, 06:00:31 PM »

Tommy, I've been working on Newfoundland maps and wondering a bit of the same - I think 14 seats in St John's and surrounds, all represented federally by the NDP. Of course, most are provincially PC >75%, but there's likely potential there.

Regarding PEI, the NDP didn't run in half the seats, which deflates their figures somewhat. I have a spreadsheet with the votes (and votes by poll) on my computer. I could give you their vote just in seats where they ran in about twenty minutes. Won't be substantially higher - they didn't win any seats - but will be higher nonetheless.

The NDP has run island-wide in the past, and PEI does have poll-by-poll records (and the whole island has whut like 300 polls?) so transferring old elections to current would not be all that hard to do.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2011, 06:25:01 PM »

The NDP has run island-wide in the past, and PEI does have poll-by-poll records (and the whole island has whut like 300 polls?) so transferring old elections to current would not be all that hard to do.

I've only done the last election results, and it's already all available on the website, I've merely put it into a spreadsheet for ease of use.

There are 27 ridings, the fewest polls in a riding are 8 (I think riding #24) and the most polls in a riding are 8, but most seem to have 10-12, so yeah, not many polls. I'm part-way through a poll-by-poll map of PEI in Paint, but its completion is lower on my priorities than my Newfoundland map (which is not far off now).

The NDP ran in 15 of the 27 ridings last election, receiving 1,597 of the 45,952 votes cast in those ridings, or 3.48%. There were three ridings in which the NDP received more than 5% of the vote:

Charlottetown - Victoria Park (7.22%)
Kelly's Cross - Cumberland (5.37%)
Summerside - Wilmot (6.00%)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »

As someone who ran for the PEI NDP and sat on the executive, I can assure you that beyond slight increases in vote in "downtown and central" Charlottetown and Summerside, and the left-over vote bump in the O'Leary riding from Dr. Herb, that any other vote increases or decreases can be assigned to the local candidate.
the506
Canada

« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2011, 06:51:09 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

They'll be ready when they're ready.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »

Great thread to return to after a little while away from the forum (even though I seemed to have missed krago's maps). That Toronto map is really really interesting.

Perhaps the most surprising thing so far is the sharpness of the line between Vancouver South and Kingsway, which isn't that sharp of a divide either ethnically or economically, and doesn't have a straightforward strategic explanation. Just evidence of the impact of whether a party bothers to really contest a riding with a local GOTV effort, I guess.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »

Great thread to return to after a little while away from the forum (even though I seemed to have missed krago's maps). That Toronto map is really really interesting.

Perhaps the most surprising thing so far is the sharpness of the line between Vancouver South and Kingsway, which isn't that sharp of a divide either ethnically or economically, and doesn't have a straightforward strategic explanation. Just evidence of the impact of whether a party bothers to really contest a riding with a local GOTV effort, I guess.

Left wing people vote Liberal in Vancouver South. Provincially, the area is Liberal as well. You can see the mayoral race here: http://bc2009.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/2008-vanmunielections-2009-boundaries.gif which shows more of a gradual shift in the right vs left vote. (i'm in the process of making my own version of that map for my blog, among the many projects I have on the go)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2011, 11:41:09 PM »

Krago has not been seen since a moderator edited a black man's penis into someone's sig. I'm not sure he'll ever be back.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2011, 11:57:44 PM »

Krago has not been seen since a moderator edited a black man's penis into someone's sig. I'm not sure he'll ever be back.

Did he comment on that?

I've noticed he's posted some on rabble again.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2011, 02:08:33 AM »

Left wing people vote Liberal in Vancouver South. Provincially, the area is Liberal as well. You can see the mayoral race here: http://bc2009.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/2008-vanmunielections-2009-boundaries.gif which shows more of a gradual shift in the right vs left vote. (i'm in the process of making my own version of that map for my blog, among the many projects I have on the go)

Defeated Liberal incumbent... next time around, things may be different.
lilTommy

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.04

« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2011, 08:01:12 AM »

Next Federal if the NDP runs Meena Wong again, and the liberals don't have any type of good candidate (not all that likely) i would see this as competative again but still leaning conservative. Van-Fraserview though i think is more in play (provincial riding) If Yiu wins the nomination i think he might have this one... many say he was robbed after all the controversy around Heed, Fraserview and Fairview are targets no matter who the candidates are.
Krago
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2011, 10:18:02 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my tenth post.
Krago
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2011, 10:18:44 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my eleventh post.
Krago
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2011, 10:19:24 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my twelfth post.
Krago
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2011, 10:19:57 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my thirteenth post.
Krago
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2011, 10:20:36 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my fourteenth post.
Krago
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2011, 10:21:16 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my fifteenth post.
Krago
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2011, 10:21:45 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my sixteenth post.
Krago
« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2011, 10:22:10 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my seventeenth post.
Krago
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2011, 10:22:35 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my eighteenth post.
Krago
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my nineteenth post.
Krago
« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2011, 10:23:57 PM »

I have my links fixed.  I would love to show you, but this is only my twentieth post.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies