Who would you vote for: Indian Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:48:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who would you vote for: Indian Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would you vote for: Indian Edition  (Read 1818 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: June 18, 2011, 04:08:10 PM »

This is the sort of question that can't be easily answered because of the multitude of parties and coalitions and the fact that no party has a candidate in every constituency. I would have been for Nehru throughout his time; apart from his being a great man, the only opposition was C. Rajagopalachari's ridiculous Brahmin neoliberal outfit, for which of course I wouldn't be caught dead voting. I would have been for Indira in 1971, certainly, but just as certainly I would be for the Janata Party after the Emergency. The Emergency would have also ruled out the Communist Party of Indira, just as the war in 1971 ruled out the traitorous fifth column that called itself CPI(M). After the fall of Desai it's hard to say; certainly I would never vote for the BJP or their ilk. Hindutva holds no appeal to me, for obvious reasons. The fact that the Congress is a monarchist party bothers me, but I suppose I would end up voting for Congress and allies anyhow. It would depend on constituency, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies