Washington State Recount, Part Deux (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:23:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington State Recount, Part Deux (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washington State Recount, Part Deux  (Read 24855 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: December 14, 2004, 11:55:33 PM »

What if more votes magically appear in King County??

...Oh...it makes SENSE NOW. Gregoire is a WITCH AND IS MAKING BALLOTS APPEAR WITH HER SPECIAL POWERS. its so obvious now.

interestingly enough, King County is Rossi's home county, not Gregoire's.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 07:18:42 PM »

Republicans got a judge to rule against democracy. Democrats will appeal.

Too bad the Republicans hate demoracy and freedom so much.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 07:23:38 PM »

^No, it is not. But counting valid votes is, which is what the Republicans oppose because they hate democracy, just like you.

Are you happy Philip? The Republicans of Washington have managed to toss out those evil city votes!

I'm not a democrat because I don't want to be, and they're a bit to economically liberal sometimes.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 08:10:28 PM »

I think the votes should be checked before they are counted, but not left uncounted. They have been found and if they are OK, I don't see what the issue is. I see the validity in the "check them" argument, but not the "throw 'em out" one.

The validity is that the Republicans might not win, and thats good enough for them.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 08:36:54 PM »

You count the votes and that's all there is to it. Overturning results is a bad precedent.

If there are valid votes that have not yet been counted, they should definately be counted.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 01:52:01 PM »

OKAY, so the rest of the state has found 1164 extra votes so far. And if King County makes up 1/3 of the state, it could come up with around 582 votes if it finds the the same "amount" (considering its size) as the rest of the state.

If these 582 votes go 58% Gregoire and 40% Rossi, that is 338 votes for Gregoire and 232 for Rossi, a 106 vote gain for Gregoire, which would give her the election.

Just an interesting fact, Garfield's addition of one extra vote would be equal to King County finding over 400 votes.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 12:51:08 AM »

I'm just saying, maybe they won't count those votes, but either way they will end up with 500-600 more votes than they had last time if they maintain the same 'pattern' as the rest of the state. This is opposed to say, over 1200 ballots which would include the recently discovered ballots.

I'm not ignorant Carl, but I can't help wonder about you. I think you're mostly paranoid and partisan, though.

About Montana, that's too bad, do you think I support not counting votes just because they may not be for the candidate I prefer? Of course not. America is a democracy, which the Washington State Republican Party hates.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 07:05:56 PM »

no, the winner of this recount should be determined on december 23rd, although I am not suer that is when this ordeal will end.

The Secretary of State is a Republican anyway, so I assume he is a bit biased to side with Rossi.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 10:36:32 AM »

Here's another report of the vote counting methodology in King county:

One write-in ballot had Christine Rossi written in. [Ed. - the candidates are Dino Rossi and Christine Gregoire.] Instead of throwing it out because there is no one with that name running for office, the canvasing board gave it to Christine Gregoire. HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh Alot of people are calling for a new election. I would agree with that. This whole process is so corrupt there is no way correct it without starting over.

If this is true (and I would like a real investigation of the voe 'finding' and 'counting' in King County), did Gregoire receive other questionable votes?

Christine Rossi huh? Could you post a source, please?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2004, 04:17:51 PM »

Bush did in 2000 and we still hear about that.

Smell that?  That is a double standard.

Because Rossi still had a half million vote lead, huh?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004, 04:48:53 PM »

I'd like to point something out that people tend to ignore.

Candidates RARELY steal elections. Parties RARELY steal elections. It's usually individuals or groups that believe in the party but are not really affiliated with them that commit the fraud if it is committed at all.

Yes, and in this case, Carl Hayden is accusing Dean Logan of cheating.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2004, 02:13:48 AM »

so what?? each county should find exactly the same number of votes (in correlation with their population)??/
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2004, 05:39:42 PM »

It was so close I doubt finding the real winner is possible.

Hopefully, riots will erupt through out the state and Civil War will break out in Washington. After a while, the state will be split in two. Eastern Washington joins Idaho and Western Washington changes its name to something cool.  Maybe we can take Portland too, and give Eastern Oregon to Idaho as well. And then, when America takes over Canada, we can take Vancouver and Victoria. Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2004, 10:36:04 PM »

It was so close I doubt finding the real winner is possible.

Hopefully, riots will erupt through out the state and Civil War will break out in Washington. After a while, the state will be split in two. Eastern Washington joins Idaho and Western Washington changes its name to something cool.  Maybe we can take Portland too, and give Eastern Oregon to Idaho as well. And then, when America takes over Canada, we can take Vancouver and Victoria. Smiley

You are correct that it is hard to know who really won.  We can do a second manual recount and get Rossi the winner.

He should get the office for winning two out of three counts though.

It would be interesting to see what happens if the Republicans try to swear ROssi in as Governor.

It would also be interesting to see hwo a revote in a month would go.

That is probably unlikely; another manual recount would be unlikely to change the count by more than 100.

Your second idea is interesting, but unfortunately is sort of against state law, which considers a manual recount the final, last-ditch count, or something of that sort.

If Republicans try to swear in Rossi, they will be summarily ignored and probably made fun of. But it would be in character for a stupid election season.

Hard to say who would win a revote.

At first I would've said Rossi win, but now its his turn to be the whiney loser (which is what Gregoire was) so his popularity may go back down a bit. I'm sure some of the Bennet votes to Gregoire though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies