Current US Senate Ratings (incl. Map)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:11:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Current US Senate Ratings (incl. Map)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Current US Senate Ratings (incl. Map)  (Read 6055 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 02:52:37 PM »

I think NM is accurate, but I'd put it on the tossup end of Lean D, particularly if Heather Wilson wins the nomination.

I don't get a sense that there's a lot of passionate support for Heinrich, he's just better than the bridges-too-far served up by the NM GOP (Pearce et al.)  A centrist Republican from ABQ is another matter.  She's actively courting conservative movers/shakers and facing a weak opponent (Lt. Gov. Sanchez; Gov. Martinez is already distancing herself from him and in a relatively showy way).
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 07:46:55 PM »

Arizona could definitely be in play in 2012, not neccesarily because of Giffords, but because of Seniors and Medicare.  Massachusests... I have no idea, does anybody have matchups between Scott Brown and anybody? 

redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 07:56:53 PM »

I think NM is accurate, but I'd put it on the tossup end of Lean D, particularly if Heather Wilson wins the nomination.

I don't get a sense that there's a lot of passionate support for Heinrich, he's just better than the bridges-too-far served up by the NM GOP (Pearce et al.)  A centrist Republican from ABQ is another matter.  She's actively courting conservative movers/shakers and facing a weak opponent (Lt. Gov. Sanchez; Gov. Martinez is already distancing herself from him and in a relatively showy way).

Isn't more of Martinez trying to avoid a conflict of interest rather than favoring Wilson over Sanchez?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 08:07:17 PM »

As of now, the real toss ups are Montana, Missouri, Virginia and Wisconsin. The GOP will pick up North Dakota and Nebraska.

Snowe will be fine in the primary and I think Brown will win re-election by a healthy margin for a Republican running statewide in Massachusetts during a Presidential election year. New Mexico will end up being a pretty comfortable victory for whoever the Dems end up running.

I think Florida and West Virginia will be teases. I guess New Jersey will be a tease, too. Ohio, Nevada and Arizona have potential to be real toss ups.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 08:12:10 PM »

I must be missing something here, but why is Arizona considered a tossup? Is Giffords REALLY expecting to jump in, or is that just wishful thinking amongst the posters on here?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 08:39:37 PM »

I must be missing something here, but why is Arizona considered a tossup? Is Giffords REALLY expecting to jump in, or is that just wishful thinking amongst the posters on here?
The Paul Ryan budget and the fact that Arizona has a lot of seniors may have an impact. 
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »

TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 10:29:50 AM »

Isn't more of Martinez trying to avoid a conflict of interest rather than favoring Wilson over Sanchez?

What conflict of interest?

FYI, shortly after Sanchez announced, Martinez reduced Sanchez's Lt. Gov. duties to only those duties mandated by the State Constitution.  On conservative radio here, it's being seen as a foregone conclusion that Martinez will, at some point, endorse Wilson, and certainly will not endorse Sanchez.

The knock on Heather is that she is seen as a RINO and has some connections to Bush-era profligacy -- an endorsement from Martinez likely makes a lot of that concern go away (except in the blood red hinterlands).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies