Leisure Suit Larry video game banned in Australia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:02:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Leisure Suit Larry video game banned in Australia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leisure Suit Larry video game banned in Australia  (Read 10306 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: December 08, 2004, 02:35:17 AM »

Is it? That's cool. I haven't gotten it yet. I have all of the old LSLs. I'm just too cheap to plonk down 40-50 bucks for a game, I usually wait until they are a few years old and under 20 dollars.

I always just rent all of my games.  Much cheaper, especially when they only take two or three days to complete.

Liberals believe that the state should be the nanny for us all, while conservatives believe that free people can make their own choices (with parents being recognized as the ultimate decision makers for children).

Thanks for that info!  I learn something new about myself every day.  Here I was in my silly liberal thought patterns thinking that I support personal responsibility and less government regulation.  I guess you showed me.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 01:23:54 AM »

nym,

You really don't understand your terminology.

Liberals believe that the state should be the nanny for us all, while conservatives believe that free people can make their own choices (with parents being recognized as the ultimate decision makers for children).
That's a good definition of the two terms' most basic meanings - except you got "Liberal" and "Conservative" reversed.
Then again, current American language use and political alignments mean you're right on quite a number of issues.

I think the definitions of liberal and conservative really depend on the issue that you're talking about.  Sometimes conservatives do want the "state to be a nanny".  Other times they certainly don't.  The same goes for liberals.  No one should try to force liberals and conservatives into one definition or the other, because it just doesn't work that way.

THANK YOU!

Finally, someone says it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies