Leisure Suit Larry video game banned in Australia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:51:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Leisure Suit Larry video game banned in Australia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leisure Suit Larry video game banned in Australia  (Read 10301 times)
Baggy Green
Spin Doctor
Rookie
« on: December 08, 2004, 08:01:09 PM »

Howard did this to get the votes of the Family First party; the majority of Aussies don't even know it is happenning-but those who do overwhelmingly dissaprove.

It isn't exactly Howard's doing, and he wouldn't need to do this to get Family First votes, he already has thier support for the most part.

You can still buy them over the internet(that's the way I purchased Grand Theft Auto), although this game doesn't look like it's worth the shipping cost.
Baggy Green
Spin Doctor
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 04:07:43 PM »

Howard did this to get the votes of the Family First party; the majority of Aussies don't even know it is happenning-but those who do overwhelmingly dissaprove.

It isn't exactly Howard's doing, and he wouldn't need to do this to get Family First votes, he already has thier support for the most part.

You can still buy them over the internet(that's the way I purchased Grand Theft Auto), although this game doesn't look like it's worth the shipping cost.

Is that legal though? The article mentioned that the importation of the game is illegal, though I suppose if no one actually opens the package and checks, you can at least get the game this way and no one will find out. It seems as though the possession, sale, or importation of the game is illegal.

It's not legal, but the law is unenforcable. It just costs more because you have to pay for the overseas shipping.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies