John Sanchez in for NM Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:45:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  John Sanchez in for NM Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Sanchez in for NM Senate  (Read 702 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:28:32 PM »
« edited: May 23, 2011, 03:53:13 PM by krazen1211 »

http://twitter.com/#!/greggiroux

greggiroux Greg Giroux
NM LG John Sanchez (R) filed statement of candidacy with FEC to run for Senate

Pretty solid candidate. Better than RINO Wilson who should drop back to NM-01.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:30:13 PM »

Definitely a winner.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 04:23:10 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2011, 04:24:50 PM by King »

If you mean by solid, won a split primary for Lt. Gov with 28% of the vote, was not at all present in the Martinez campaign, only has one two-year term as a state rep on his resume, has no education after high school, and this is his only statewide election result.  Then, yeah, he's a great candidate, assuming the NMGOP can't lure  Alan Keyes or Christine O'Donnell here to run instead.

Sanchez is a dolt and a weak campaigner.  As I said, Martinez was forced to run with him and they did their best to hide him.  He won't win a primary unless the GOP is a disorganized mess (highly likely in New Mexico)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 04:32:43 PM »

His last name is probably the only good thing about him.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »

If you mean by solid, won a split primary for Lt. Gov with 28% of the vote, was not at all present in the Martinez campaign, only has one two-year term as a state rep on his resume, has no education after high school, and this is his only statewide election result.  Then, yeah, he's a great candidate, assuming the NMGOP can't lure  Alan Keyes or Christine O'Donnell here to run instead.

Sanchez is a dolt and a weak campaigner.  As I said, Martinez was forced to run with him and they did their best to hide him.  He won't win a primary unless the GOP is a disorganized mess (highly likely in New Mexico)

I recently moved to NM (6 months ago) and this is my impression of Sanchez as well.  Heather Wilson should win, but knowing what little I know of NM politics, that's no guarantee that she will.

It's pretty astounding to me that NM is a "blue" state; it's really more red than blue.  It's had a bit of a three-way blue/pink/crimson split, with a roughly 35/30/35 allocation that generally kills off centrist Republicans during the primary, and therefore, crossover support in the general.

The Dems are just smart enough not to nominate too many of the Santa Fe/Taos loons for statewide office, and practically win by default.  Susana was an exception with her a) Hispanic heritage and b) Richardson-tainted opponent.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies