Canadian Election Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:13:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian Election Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian Election Results Thread  (Read 146968 times)
Jens
Angola

« on: July 04, 2011, 05:04:31 AM »

I've attempted to decipher the Liberal change map in my latest blog post.

(sorry to promote it so much, but I do see the blog as an off shoot of this forum Smiley )

I think your blog is excellent and I for one have no problem with you plugging it here.
I second that - and will add that you might even attract serious posters to the forum Wink
On a more thread relevant note. I find the Canadian party system quite facinating. It seems to be caught between the Anglo-Saxon very personalised system, where it is the person more that the party you vote for, and the "European", where parties are predominant and where it is not uncommon to see elections to parliament where a substatial portion of the MP's are newly elected and unknown to the general public. The average Danish MP scores between 1000 and 8000 personal votes, far from the cirka 20.000 votes a mandate actually "costs"
NDP's Quebec group of virtually unknowns is something that I wouldn't expect to see in a Westminster system.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies