Canadian Election Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:47:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian Election Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Canadian Election Results Thread  (Read 147353 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »

In Quebec, the wealthy Anglos have long gone Liberal whereas in Toronto it depends.  It is true during the 90s, many of the wealthy WASP areas in Toronto voted Liberal, but those same areas voted for Mike Harris provincially and Mulroney in the 80s, whereas asides from perhaps Mulroney in the 80s, I don't think the wealthy Anglo areas in Montreal ever went Tory and even then I still think the Liberals won there.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2011, 08:53:09 PM »

Angus Reid:

Tories: 39
NDP: 31
Libs: 19
BQ: 6
Grn: 4

Vastly different from Nanos Smiley
  Both pollsters in the past have been pretty close to accurate in terms of their final polls and the actual election results.  Interesting enough Angus-Reid gives numbers almost identical to what the results were this past election.  Either way I don't expect numbers to change much until something dramatic happens.  Probably after next year's budget when the spending cuts are announced is when we will start to see numbers move.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2011, 01:47:24 AM »

Oh? I wonder who's leading in the GTA, then.

Depends on how you define the GTA.  If just Toronto it could be either the NDP or Liberals, but if you include the 905, then it would have the be the Liberals considering how weak the NDP is in most parts of the 905 save a few ridings here and there.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2011, 11:50:10 PM »

I haven't posted anything in a while, but as the weather gets colder and I am out less, I will try and work on some more maps.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies