Another recount for Washington, by hand this time
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:27:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Another recount for Washington, by hand this time
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another recount for Washington, by hand this time  (Read 2430 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2004, 07:03:52 PM »

Well, Gregoire got enough money to recount the entire state, I believe, so we'll be having a hand recount now.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 07:09:03 PM »

Well, Gregoire got enough money to recount the entire state, I believe, so we'll be having a hand recount now.

This is getting silly, that said back in 2000 i thought that the recounts in Florida where valid and should have been statewide... then again that was the presidency of the united states where one candidate had won the popular vote by a slim but noticable margin.   
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 08:20:45 PM »

but this was decided by only 42 votes.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 10:56:25 AM »

We should bring in people who have no clue which candidate is which to do the recount.  Let's at least make an attempt to remove bias from the equation here.
Engineer
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 11:14:20 AM »

I will go out on a limb and say that Gregoire will win the recount, when after all the other counties are counted, King county is the last to report, and just enough votes are 'recounted' to give her the victory.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 02:39:21 PM »

42 votes of several million....it's definitely valid to do a total hand recount, though it needs to be done in a way that is unbiased.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 07:23:15 PM »

I'm not sure Gregoire should keep this up. Even if it does change, 49% of the state will think she cheated. Whoever wins, half the state will be upset. I can understand why she wants a recount though, at least 500 people writing in Ron Sims and Gary Locke, not to mention that Libertarian...
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »

I, too, have a hunch that Gregoire will prevail in the hand recound, though King County should not yield anymore votes for her as the initial recount was much more than a machine recount.  They counted all the undercounts and interpreted voters intent. 

Another wildcard is a Democratic Party suit to have previously disallowed ballots thrown into the fray.  Well, we are supposed to have results (barring legal action) by 23 Dec.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 07:53:23 PM »

I'm not sure Gregoire should keep this up. Even if it does change, 49% of the state will think she cheated. Whoever wins, half the state will be upset. I can understand why she wants a recount though, at least 500 people writing in Ron Sims and Gary Locke, not to mention that Libertarian...

As I have said continuously before, the only person who has still has something to fear from all this recount action, etc., is Maria Cantwell.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 10:43:48 PM »

As I have said continuously before, the only person who has still has something to fear from all this recount action, etc., is Maria Cantwell.

yeah, whos going to run against her anyway!!!!! i cant think of any republicans left in the state.... maybe Nethercutt can run again, hopefully Smiley
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 08:28:00 PM »

I will go out on a limb and say that Gregoire will win the recount, when after all the other counties are counted, King county is the last to report, and just enough votes are 'recounted' to give her the victory.

My thoughts exactly Engineer
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies