Voter Fraud Bill: can a senator please introduce this? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:22:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Voter Fraud Bill: can a senator please introduce this? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voter Fraud Bill: can a senator please introduce this?  (Read 2406 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: December 03, 2004, 05:51:14 PM »

In light of the controversy surrounding what IrishDemocrat has now admitted he did, and given that we don't seem to have any laws regarding voter fraud at all, I drafted a bill dealing with it in the hopes that, having done so, we can come to a resolution to this controversy without even more division between people than what has already occurred.  At the very least, I consider it a start.

I had considered waiting until the midterm elections were over, but given that the new senators won't be sworn in until January, I'll do it now.  Having received consultation from Peter Bell and Ernest, here's the bill in its finished form:

Voter Fraud Bill

§ 1.  Voter fraud, defined as the act of creating identities other than one's primary identity in Atlasia and subsequently entering this identity into the tally of registered voters, is hereby declared to be a crime in Atlasia.

§ 2.  Anyone found to have committed voter fraud shall have his or her voting rights suspended for no less than three months, but no greater than five months.

§ 3.  Anyone found to have committed multiple voter fraud, defined as being found to have committed the actions in Section 1 two or more times, shall receive additional periods of suspension for each instance of voter fraud beyond the initial instance, each subject to the policies declared in Section 2.

§ 4.  The Supreme Court shall be given the ability to enforce this bill by appropriate sentencing.

Further explanation can be found in the post that I linked to above.  If any senator who is okay with this bill could introduce it to the Senate, that would be great.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 06:04:03 PM »

Thank you, Senator. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 05:38:48 PM »

*crickets chirp*

Hellooooooo?
Hellooooooo?
Hellooooooo?
Hellooooooo?
Hellooooooo?
Hellooooooo?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 05:44:39 PM »

Thank you for your support. Smiley

Now if we can only get the other senators to notice that Texasgurl has introduced this bill...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies