Resignation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:21:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Resignation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resignation  (Read 2019 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: December 03, 2004, 03:42:14 PM »

Does the Governor have that power? You still represent Maryland, which is not in MAS's region. If MAS and NickG could agree upon a replacement, that would work, though it might not be legal.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 03:46:38 PM »

Well, in Watergate fashion I hearby resign from the Senate effectively at midnight, Saturday, December 4, 2004.  Gov. MAS117 shall appoint an interim.

I think you have done the honourable thing by resigning.

However, the only way in which a new Senator can fill out the rest of your term (until January 7th) is for the electors of District 2 to elect a new one. The process by which Governors could appoint Senators to fill a vacant seat for the rest of a term was only applicable for Regional Senate seats.

There will need to be a special election if 1B is to have representation before January.

Could the winner of the upcoming election just start immediatly?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 06:31:55 PM »

Whatever the case, I am in support of bending the rules a little so that the Citizens of the Old District 1 (or was it 2, the one with PA, NY, MD, DE, and DC) can have the same amount of representation as everyone else. 
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 07:28:42 PM »

Whatever the case, I am in support of bending the rules a little so that the Citizens of the Old District 1 (or was it 2, the one with PA, NY, MD, DE, and DC) can have the same amount of representation as everyone else. 

What?

What I was trying to say is that if the rules make it so that the residents of New York and Pennslyvania won't have two Senators representing them until January, which is a whole month, the laws should be bypassed to ensure representation.

Note: As Chief Justice you probably disagree, and I understand.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies