if minorities constitute 39% of people who voted for Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:59:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  if minorities constitute 39% of people who voted for Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: if minorities constitute 39% of people who voted for Obama  (Read 2660 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« on: March 22, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »

A lot of the elistist academics and latte liberals don't want to associate with the inner city minorities even if they vote for the same party.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »

A lot of the elitist academics and latte liberals don't want to associate with the inner city minorities even if they vote for the same party.

isn't that a problem? The democratic party needs to be united in all fronts to take back the u.s. house in 2012. Its a shame if the people you refer to as "latte liberals" view inner-city minorities as easy votes.

Why is it a problem? The strategy has worked for decades.

It works quite well. You have places like Ashbury Park, NJ, which vote straight ticket Democrat. The government funnels massive disproportionate state funding to Ashbury Park for 'education', which of course doesn't go to education, as the kids there aren't actually getting educated. Union profiteers skim off this massive funding and reroute it back to the Democratic Party.

Thus, Ashbury Park becomes both a source of money and votes. But does Frank Pallone actually set foot into Ashbury Park itself? Of course not, if he can avoid it. Every decade, Democrats trot out minorities from Ashbury Park as evidence of 'inequality', but of course that inequality suits them well.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 08:32:50 AM »

Of course.

What I'm getting is that, there's no upfront contradiction to being a church-going small businessmen.

While the D's on the other hand have an alliance with homosexuals and blacks/hispanics/union whites.

I would go further and say there are a lot of suburbaners who think the homosexuals are depraved, don't want to get within 1000 feet of the inner city blacks, and really have nothing to do with the unions one way or another.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2011, 12:44:17 PM by krazen1211 »

I would go further and say there are a lot of suburbaners who think the homosexuals are depraved, don't want to get within 1000 feet of the inner city blacks, and really have nothing to do with the unions one way or another.

suburbaners? WTF?

'Suburbaners' are people who live in places like Millburn and Plainsboro, NJ. The latter actually has a substantial Asian population, so technically they are minorities, and voted for Obama in large margins, but they also don't want to be associated with the inner city blacks and hispanics in nearby Trenton and elsewhere.

Obama actually stopped by Edison some time back to eat a sandwich; I doubt he would do that in inner city Newark.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:46:58 PM »

What on earth is an 'urbanite'? Plenty of minorities live in the cities anyway. Needless to say.

Urbanite, I presume is NY-08. Quite different than NY-16, which is your stereotypical Democratic low income zone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies