The Department of Justice -- Results of March Election Investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:25:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Department of Justice -- Results of March Election Investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Department of Justice -- Results of March Election Investigation  (Read 5917 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »

If we start giving "second chances" to guys like him then this phrase doesn't mean anything anymore, to the expenses of people who really deserve it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 10:59:31 AM »

Exactly. Even more, wormy's record was filled with slandering ("Junkie is Hamilton!"), manipulation (recent election stuff and forget PM) and trolling.

Either play fair in Atlasia, or GTFO.

Okay the whole "Junkie is Hamilton" episode was outrageous.  At the time I couldn't believe my ears that anybody would accuse Junkie of being Hamilton.  Granted, every politician that has ever screwed up who wasn't a total idiot (see Blagojevich) has taken the apology route.  So yeah maybe you guys got a point.
And I can hardly say that after Wormy tried a personal character assassination on me in December that he endeared himself to me.  It was easily one of the most disrespectful things anybody said to me, and despite me not sinking down to his level he still pressed on.
It wouldn't surprise me if he reported a few posts in the past.
And this latest event, coercing GPORTER to invalidate his vote, makes him a man after Hamilton's own heart.
So yeah maybe we shouldn't, but I'm willing to give him at least one second chance.  After that, he's on his own.

Mecha, contrary to how I may appear, I'm willing to grant the people a second chances in absolute majority of cases, but there are severe cases, like wormy's one.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:58 AM »

Don't expect me to buy in a loser's last attempt not to appear like a total asshole. You have kept lying until you had no choice but admitting your fraud, and now you want us to think you are being sincere ? Also, blaming your behaviour on Atlasia by explaining how nice a person you are IRL is not only a lame excuse, it's also an insult to all Atlasians. The only thing you can do now is to go away and never come back.
I'm sorry Antonio, but you're being a complete and utter douchebag right now. Even Franzl, one of Wormy's biggest enemies, isn't attacking him now. The problem right now with the game is the insulting and personal attacks that are coming from both sides, not just one side. That right there is personally turning me off more than anything else.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 11:33:22 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2011, 11:35:40 AM by Senator Antonio V »

Don't expect me to buy in a loser's last attempt not to appear like a total asshole. You have kept lying until you had no choice but admitting your fraud, and now you want us to think you are being sincere ? Also, blaming your behaviour on Atlasia by explaining how nice a person you are IRL is not only a lame excuse, it's also an insult to all Atlasians. The only thing you can do now is to go away and never come back.
I'm sorry Antonio, but you're being a complete and utter douchebag right now. Even Franzl, one of Wormy's biggest enemies, isn't attacking him now. The problem right now with the game is the insulting and personal attacks that are coming from both sides, not just one side. That right there is personally turning me off more than anything else.

LOL

Can you give me a single reason why wormyguy would deserve any form of indulgence ? Yes, he apologized, so ? I can also treat everybody like crap, continuously lie and try to rig the game, and then apologize. The truth is that, I don't even care if wormy is sincere or not (he probably isn't). There is no justification for what he did. So now calling asshole an asshole is being a douchebag ? You guys don't even realize that all of you are rewarding wormy's actions by doing as if it's all right just because he apologized. There is only one way to respond to him if you are outraged by his actions : shove your damn apologies and go away.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 11:40:40 AM »

LOL

Can you give me a single reason why wormyguy would deserve any form of indulgence ? Yes, he apologized, so ? I can also treat everybody like crap, continuously lie and try to rig the game, and then apologize. The truth is that, I don't even care if wormy is sincere or not (he probably isn't). There is no justification for what he did. So now calling asshole an asshole is being a douchebag ? You guys don't even realize that all of you are rewarding wormy's actions by doing as if it's all right just because he apologized. There is only one way to respond to him if you are outraged by his actions : shove your damn apologies and go away.

You're acting in the same negative manner and throwing out personal attacks just like Wormy did. It's hypocritical of you to attack Wormyguy for insulting people when you're turning around and doing the same thing.

People calling other players a "loser" and an "asshole" is exactly what's wrong with this game, and unless it is stopped from both sides, this game is going to soon be as good as dead.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2011, 11:44:40 AM »

The insults are nothing compared to what this guy deserves. And no, I'm not acting "like him" just because I don't want to do as if an apology solves everything.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »

LOL

You're acting in the same negative manner and throwing out personal attacks just like Wormy did. It's hypocritical of you to attack Wormyguy for insulting people when you're turning around and doing the same thing.

People calling other players a "loser" and an "asshole" is exactly what's wrong with this game, and unless it is stopped from both sides, this game is going to soon be as good as dead.

In all honesty, I understand that it is difficult to trust someone who has so blatantly lied and attempted electoral fraud. I certainly understand Antonio's sentiment.

Regardless though, Wormyguy did apologize. Whether you're able to ever trust him again (not sure I am), it seems proper to at least cut out the attacks as this topic is done with, as far as I am concerned.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2011, 11:51:33 AM »

I had nothing to add on wormyguy's case. I can't, however, not react to people who seem to think his apologies are sufficient to erase what he did, and call me a douchebag because I don't buy into it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »

I had nothing to add on wormyguy's case. I can't, however, not react to people who seem to think his apologies are sufficient to erase what he did, and call me a douchebag because I don't buy into it.

It doesn't in any way erase what he did. And in fact, he's had a history of terrible lies and fraud. There's no reason to seriously think otherwise after his apology, but I do think we can leave him alone on this issue since he's admitted what he did was wrong. Doesn't mean we have to like him.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2011, 11:54:10 AM »

Comparing Antonio's understandable sentiments with wormy's vicious actions is really hyberpolic, Tmth.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2011, 11:56:21 AM »

No one is saying his apologies are sufficient to erase. What I think is ridiculous is when Wormy makes an apologetical post with no attacks, and instead of just leaving him be, you have to throw in a couple more attacks.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2011, 12:01:42 PM »

No one is saying his apologies are sufficient to erase. What I think is ridiculous is when Wormy makes an apologetical post with no attacks, and instead of just leaving him be, you have to throw in a couple more attacks.

You know I always act nicely toward nice people. I can't, however, react nicely to wormyguy after what he did. No matter the tone of his post, he has more than deserved being treated that way.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2011, 12:02:49 PM »

You know I always act nicely toward nice people. I can't, however, react nicely to wormyguy after what he did. No matter the tone of his post, he has more than deserved being treated that way.
You don't have to react nicely to wormyguy. You really didn't have to react at all.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:27 PM »

You don't have to react nicely to wormyguy. You really didn't have to react at all.

Yes, I had to tell him what I thought of his horrendous behaviour and subsequent apologies. My reaction was legitimate and appropriate to wormyguy's action. Call me a douchebag if you like, I think I said what everyone should have said.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »

Yes, I had to tell him what I thought of his horrendous behaviour and subsequent apologies. My reaction was legitimate and appropriate to wormyguy's action. Call me a douchebag if you like, I think I said what everyone should have said.
You've stated over and over again your thoughts of his horrendous behavior. I think people get the point - you don't like Wormy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2011, 12:15:15 PM »

You've stated over and over again your thoughts of his horrendous behavior. I think people get the point - you don't like Wormy.

I know what bothers Tmth here: one political ally down.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2011, 12:17:08 PM »

I could honestly care less about political allies at this point. If I had to lose one, I'm fine with it being Wormy though. He's extremely hard to deal with.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »

I could honestly care less about political allies at this point. If I had to lose one, I'm fine with it being Wormy though. He's extremely hard to deal with.

So, what's the point of getting angry at Antonio for quite normal reaction to what wormy was doing?

Yes, we got it. You dislike Antonio.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »

So, what's the point of getting angry at Antonio for quite normal reaction to what wormy was doing?

Yes, we got it. You dislike Antonio.
I don't dislike Antonio. I think he was wrong in this situation, but Antonio and I have a long history of friendship going back a long time. The only person I really dislike in this entire conversation is you.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »

Nobody needs to get into a big tizzy over little old me - I deserve all the abuse that's coming to me and more.  Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2011, 12:35:48 PM »

Nobody needs to get into a big tizzy over little old me - I deserve all the abuse that's coming to me and more.  Smiley

You can be glad to see you're still able to cause useless feuds. Congratulations, you played your cards excellently until the end.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »

I would really prefer that this stop right now.  I for one, am considering the matter dead.  Forgive wormy or not, that's up to you.  I am done with it.
Insula Dei
belgiansocialist
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2011, 01:40:22 PM »

So wait, Wormy was in a situation where he'd most likely was going to get banned after trying to destabilize the voting system, abusing poor GPORTER, TWICE faking PM's to discredit a respected poster, accusing another poster of being Hamilton, abusing too many posters to count (remember what he said about Marokai?)  and being found out doing all of this stuff. What on earth should make us think the guy's being sincere here? His track record in sincerity? And why would anyone attack another poster who's being sceptical about this and say he's 'just as bad'. I think it's pretty clear absolutely nobody is being as bad as wormy has been.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2011, 01:55:24 PM »

What on earth should make us think the guy's being sincere here? His track record in sincerity?
Yes, actually. In a cock-eyed sort of way.
His track record is such that this apology is novel and uncharacteristic behavior.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »

Wormy is now merely trying to save his skin. There is nothing sincere in his recent statements and we can't allow the troll to fool anyone again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies