The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:37:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 6825 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »

Good Evening,

On January 2nd, 2011, a campaign was launched to restore hope to Atlasia. This campaign promised activity, a hard working administration, and reform that would be beneficial to all of Atlasia. You believed in the message I campaigned on, and gave the honor of serving as your President.

Today, as I sit here on my last full day as President of Atlasia, I can’t help but marvel at the accomplishments that have been made. I was successfully able to fulfill my promise of being one of the most active President’s Atlasia has ever had. Not only I, but other members of my administration as well, were able to pass key pieces of reform and provide many amendments to various pieces of legislation.

While we were not able to tackle every piece of the platform, I’m pleased at the amount of checks I am able to make to it. We solved the problem with the GM position by the passage of the Game Moderator Reform Act of 2011, which eased the workload on the GM and brought relevance to the SoIA and SoEA positions. While the bill is not perfect and may need some editing, it is certainly a step in the right direction. A huge shoutout to Benconstine for his help on the bill. Registration requirements will also very soon be lowered. I commend the Senate for being able to work together and find middle ground on that amendment. We were also able to actually bring some relevance to foreign policy, an area that has been largely ignored in past administrations.

The one area I was disappointed we couldn’t do more on was the national debt. We were looking forward to being able to make large cuts to our national budget, but our plans were stalled when it was uncovered Atlasia is still involved in Iraq and Afghanistan. The administration has been working to find a solution to those conflicts, and I look forward to being able to play some sort of role in helping President-elect Polnut to resolving the conflict and bringing our troops safely home.

This is only the beginning – our plan to help restore and revitalize Atlasia doesn’t end tomorrow at noon. With the help of all of you, we can continue forth the march, and build a brighter, more active future for Atlasia.

How do I feel overall about my administration? Mission Accomplished. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thank you all, and goodnight.

Signing Off,

President Tmthforu94 Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies