Bush carried 97 of the nation's 100 fastest-growing counties (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:49:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bush carried 97 of the nation's 100 fastest-growing counties (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush carried 97 of the nation's 100 fastest-growing counties  (Read 9293 times)
danwxman

« on: November 27, 2004, 10:34:23 PM »

Many inner-ring and older suburbs are now urbanizing and becoming more liberal.
danwxman

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 10:42:50 PM »

Bush's edge in these 100 counties was almost four times greater than the advantage they provided Bob Dole, the Republican presidential nominee eight years ago.

This is irrelevant.
danwxman

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 10:49:03 PM »

They're becoming more liberal and yet voting more Republican?

The inner-ring suburbs tend to be in the same county as the major city....while the fastest growing counties are often outside of the major city.
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 10:52:29 PM »

more reason why I fcking loathe suburbs.

Agreed. I'm all for a suburban tax.
danwxman

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 03:22:33 PM »

Uhhhhh . . . NOT!  You can never get me to move into the city.  Nothing beats living on acres of beautiful land surrounded by 80+ foot tall trees and a stream flowing behind the house.  All the city has to offer is pollution, violence/crime, and poor health. 

That's rural, not suburban. I love rural areas as well.
danwxman

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 04:27:23 PM »

Uhhhhh . . . NOT!  You can never get me to move into the city.  Nothing beats living on acres of beautiful land surrounded by 80+ foot tall trees and a stream flowing behind the house.  All the city has to offer is pollution, violence/crime, and poor health. 

That's rural, not suburban. I love rural areas as well.

I live 3 miles from what was the worlds largest outlet mall.  hehehe . . . it just so happens that my little piece of rural is in suburbia.  Smiley  And now . . . I've found 23 acres 2 hours South of me which is truly rural for chump change.  Smiley  Right on the water, covered with trees.  Once I find out if there has been any test wells dug on it, I might put in a bid. 

Gotta love VA!

I live right on the edge of rural and suburban. It's disgusting to see the beautiful farms and countryside eaten up by suburban McMansions. But I am in an interesting spot. I can drive 10 minutes and be in downtown Harrisburg or drive ten minutes the other way and be in Alabama Smiley
danwxman

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 10:04:19 PM »

Blame the farmers for selling their land, not those who chose to live in the 'burbs.  Besides, like I said earlier. . . it's more healthy for you to live outside the city than it is inside.

Not at all. In the city you have to walk to get around...In the suburbs you just hop in your SUV and go to McDonalds. I saw a study that people in the suburbs are less healthy then city dwellers.
danwxman

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 07:37:40 PM »

Not all suburbs are walking-friendly. Mine certainly isn't. A lot aren't.

Most cities are have plenty of parks and recreation areas...there is a park within walking distance here but it's the only one around and most people just drive to it. What's the point?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies