Long Road for Pataki, but Don't Count Him Out For '08
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:11:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Long Road for Pataki, but Don't Count Him Out For '08
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Long Road for Pataki, but Don't Count Him Out For '08  (Read 2324 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2004, 05:17:17 PM »

An old article, but a good one.:

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/politics/newyork/features/9494/
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 01:35:28 AM »

Maybe George can preside over the ruin of the national G.O.P. like has has in to the state G.O.P.  I'd vote for Pataki but a lot of better candidates out there
Rococo4

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 01:51:41 AM »

no, count him out.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 09:29:11 PM »

Pataki is a loser who lives in a fantasy world where he, not Giuliani, is the 9/11 hero, and where he, not Bill Owens, is the Governor Republicans want for President.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 09:34:09 PM »

I would vote for Guiliani.  I would not vote for Pataki.  He has been a horrible governor, and if the Republicans choose to nominate him, all the better for us.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 04:43:47 AM »

Pataki's political career ends in 2006.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 01:37:24 PM »

For once, do I agree with jfern?  It appears so...
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 02:03:29 PM »

The latest Quinnipiac poll puts Pataki 12 points behind Spitzer and 22 points behind Hillary...those are pretty bad numbers for a well-known incumbent.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 11:21:58 PM »

The latest Quinnipiac poll puts Pataki 12 points behind Spitzer and 22 points behind Hillary...those are pretty bad numbers for a well-known incumbent.

Pataki's popularity took a nose dive after his last re-election.  All during his campaign he cited New York as being in gine financial shape than just after his re-election he cited many financial problems the state faces & made various cuts to school funding including funding for the States Public Universities, & cuts in aid to many of the poorer new York districts.  If Pataki decides to run again for govenor in 06 he will get crused by Spitzer, he will be crushed by Clinton if he decides to go after the Senate seat in 06.  And similar to Guliani & Arnold he would never win in the GOP primary because like those two Pataki is fairly socially liberal Pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 09:58:33 PM »

As governor of New York, Pataki has simply stayed at the party too long.  After three terms, people are sick of him, and he really doesn't stand for anything.

I would definitely not support him for president.  The only good thing to be said about him as governor at this point is that he is better than the Democratic alternative - and believe me, that's not saying much.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 10:00:04 PM »

As governor of New York, Pataki has simply stayed at the party too long.  After three terms, people are sick of him, and he really doesn't stand for anything.

I would definitely not support him for president.  The only good thing to be said about him as governor at this point is that he is better than the Democratic alternative - and believe me, that's not saying much.

My sentiments exactly.  At least he saved us from Mario many moons ago.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 10:19:18 PM »

My sentiments exactly.  At least he saved us from Mario many moons ago.

Mario absolutely sucked.  I voted for Pataki in 1994 before I moved out of New York, and was delighted when he won.  I still think that for most of his term, he's been better than a Democrat would have been (again, not saying much).  But now I think he's simply demoralizing to Republicans, and is damaging the party.  I really hope he doesn't run again.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 10:24:31 PM »

Who do we run though.  Bernadette Castro:)  There is a real lack of talent in the GOP ranks coming up.  The Howard Mills candidacy was a joke.  Oh where have you gone Al D'Amato the NY GOP turns its eyes to you:)  Crooked Al actually lives a few miles from me. I liked D Pat Moynihan and D'Amato a lot better than the crew we have now,
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 10:30:31 PM »

Who do we run though.  Bernadette Castro:)  There is a real lack of talent in the GOP ranks coming up.  The Howard Mills candidacy was a joke.  Oh where have you gone Al D'Amato the NY GOP turns its eyes to you:)  Crooked Al actually lives a few miles from me. I liked D Pat Moynihan and D'Amato a lot better than the crew we have now,

I agree.  New York has become such a Democratic state that Republicans just don't bother.  Even Moynihan as a Democrat did not practice the brain-dead liberalism of people like Madame Clinton.

The New York Republican party is in a state of total collapse, and will have to be rebuilt from the ground up.  After Pataki leaves office, the Republicans will probably not hold statewide office in NY for a long time.

What county do you live in?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies