Will Texas ever have more electoral votes than California?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:54:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will Texas ever have more electoral votes than California?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: At the rate at which Texas is growing it will eventually, but that growth could slow at any time
Yes - within the lifetimes of Forum members

Yes - at some future point

No - never

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Will Texas ever have more electoral votes than California?  (Read 3948 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2021, 10:01:44 PM »

I doubt it.  California has too much going for it naturally (and is frickin' huge) ... it'll figure out its shlt - likely under a different political direction - within the century and well before Texas could catch it.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2021, 06:09:36 PM »

I'm fairly unbiased because I've lived in both and I'm about to move back to the other (not that things are great here either, but h e l p)- Texas' boom and California's stagnation will continue for a time, but climate change is hitting and will continue to hit both hard. In the long term, I think California will rebound more because of the growing importance of the Pacific. The aerospace and defense-driven growth that California lost after the end of the Cold War, unfortunately for people who don't like brinkmanship between nuclear powers, is about to come back in a big way. Texas' economy, meanwhile, will be hit harder by a transition to green energy, not to mention infrastructure is in dire need of attention as the cities balloon. The state is headed for major problems, while California can start papering over current ones with coming economic growth.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2021, 03:01:37 PM »

The case for Texas eventually passing California can be summarized in one word: drought.

The evidence indicates that the 1900's were the wettest in millennium. If rainfall returns to historical levels, and, groundwater levels fall, Texas could grow sufficiently faster for sufficiently long.

Texas has water issues, too, and is going to become much hotter and drier.

Yep. Annoying to see this unacknowledged.

Could still lead to the title happening...with both far less than today, with Texas having like 20 districts and set to lose another 3.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies